NRC Job in Bangladesh
Risk & Compliance Coordinator
NRC in Bangladesh
An estimated 905,000 Rohingya refugees currently reside in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh, over 700,000 of whom fled extreme violence in Myanmar in late 2017. They reside in refugee camps, which are among the most congested camps in the world, with limited access to basic services, including adequate sanitation, healthcare, livelihoods and education.
The refugees have put an immense strain on the Bangladeshi’s living in Cox’s Bazar, however, despite the challenges, the Bangladeshi communities were the first to respond when the Rohingya arrived and generously continue to host the refugees, and many of the local communities are now also in need of support.
NRC has been present in Bangladesh since 2016, working through partnerships with local NGO’s. We have since scaled up our presence in Bangladesh, obtaining legal registration in November 2018, allowing us to better respond to the Rohingya influx. Alongside our partners, we provide assistance to refugees and local communities through Education programming, Shelter activities and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) activities.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate is an expert in risk management and compliance for humanitarian organizations in Bangladesh. They will work with managers and staff to ensure that NRC BD is compliant with NRC and donor standards as well as Bangladeshi laws. They are passionate about using their skills to have a positive impact in Bangladesh.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support the CD and the CMG by ensuring that risks in the CO’s operations are identified, assessed and controlled effectively
- Support the CO with maintaining and updating all risk management and compliance related CO registers, namely the CO Risk Register, Waiver Register, Recommendations Tracker and Standards Operating Procedures (SOP) Register.
- Support in-country function leaders with implementing compliance improvement measures related to high-risk areas/issues.
- Support the CO’s focal point for audits in the coordination of the work among the different CO’s sections/units to respond to external audits initiated by institutional donors and to facilitate the follow up of these audits’ recommendations.
- Provide training and support to CO staff in areas related to risk management and compliance
- Conduct regular compliance checks, and support department heads in implementing compliance improvement measures in the CO.
- Ensure that mechanisms to report, process and respond to complaints on NRC’s performance and staff behaviour from internal and external stakeholders (CFM and whistleblowing) are in place in the CO and in line with existing NRC requirements
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working in compliance, auditing or risk management functions or minimum 3 years of experience from working in coordinator positions in support functions (Finance, logistics, HR) in the humanitarian sector
- Knowledge and skills in the international regulatory context applicable for INGOs.
- Knowledge and skills in any of the following: safeguarding, accountability to affected populations or Code of Conduct related matters.
- Fluency in English and Bangla (both written and verbal) is required, Chittagonian is preferred.
- Knowledge of the regulatory context in the Bangladesh
We can offer
We welcome applications from qualified and interested candidates. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Contract period: 12 months
Duty Station: Dhaka
Salary and Benefits: Competitive salary and allowances as per NRC’s salary scale, medical allowance, festival bonus, and annual leave
For full details of the job, please see the Job Description attached.
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
These positions are located in the UNDSS field office of Beirut, Lebanon.
This post is located within the UN Information Centre (UNIC), of the Information Centres Service (ICS), in the Strategic Communication’s Division (SCD) within the Department of Global Communications (DGC), located in Beirut, Lebanon.