NRC Job in Afghanistan
Finance Coordinator - Accountancy
Job Location: Kabul
The purpose of a Finance Coordinator is to implement NRC, s financial and accounting systems. He/she will be accountable to prepare and submit reports on monthly bases and submit required portion to the ministry of economy, finance and relevant directorates.
You can read more about here: Job Description and NRC Grade Structure
Employer:Norwegian Refugee Council
Title: Finance Coordinator – Accountancy (Afghan national) – Job Location: Kabul
Percentage of full-time: 100
Webcruiter ID: 4294900675
Duties and responsibilities
- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Analysis financial information and prepare financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
Ensure proper filling of all supporting documents
Prepare report to ministry of economy and ministry of finance including related directorates in the provinces.
Ensure monthly financial feedback on both soft and hard documents sent to field offices.
Preparing and follow up of BRS (Balance Reconciliation Sheet) Outstanding balances.
Perform and checking of financial document and controls to make sure all procedures are followed and to implement recommendations from various auditors, and NRC Controller.
Ensure period and yearend deadlines for NRC Afghanistan are met.
Responsible for updated NRC- authorization table.
Responsible for checking travel claims.
Responsible for verification of all rebooking’s.
Responsible for monthly distribution of AFFX0000
Providing financial training to the field offices based on need.
Support the team when needed.
Function specific responsibilities, please adapt and select the relevant:
Ensure that the accounting, monitoring and reporting are according to procedures
Support project staff in financial matters
Maintain budget control and monitor cash flow for the area
Ensure development and implementation of administrative systems and procedures
Ensure that budgeting, accounting, reporting to government, year-end procedures and other financial processes take place in adherence to Financial Handbook, other NRC policies and donor, auditor and the authorities requirements
Provide up-to-date analysis and required reports to NRC – Central and field offices.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience from working as a finance coordinator humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- University Degree/Diploma in B-Com/ BBA/ Management and Economics-Required
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to work additional hours if and when required
- Ability to commence work immediately
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
We can offer
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labor Law
- Duration of the contract is up to 31-Dec-2019 (possibly extendable)
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
This post is located within the UN Information Centre (UNIC), of the Information Centres Service (ICS), in the Strategic Communication’s Division (SCD) within the Department of Global Communications (DGC), located in Beirut, Lebanon.