DRC Jobs in Lebanon
Supply Chain Officer (Procurement)
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
Operating since 2004 in Lebanon, DRC has addressed the needs and rights of vulnerable populations, working initially with Palestinian refugees (since 2004), Iraqi refugees (2007-2010), Lebanese IDPs (during the 2006 conflict), migrant domestic workers (since 2009) and, since 2011, responding to the Syrian refugee crisis.
DRC Lebanon is currently delivering programming in protection, housing, infrastructure, basic assistance, livelihoods, and community development interventions. This myriad programming seeks to address the immediate needs of displaced populations and concurrently support vulnerable host populations. DRC has five offices spread throughout Lebanon in, Beirut, the Bekaa, Saida, Tripoli and Qobayat.
About the job
This position is responsible for all aspects of procurement and contract management within the Bekaa office. This requires a highly motivated and detail oriented individual who will be able to resolve critical operational challenges as they arise and propose solutions to ongoing issues. S/he will be responsible for all procurement of goods and services, transportation of goods and people, purchase agreements and service contracts, premises and all related aspects. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Oversee procurement of all materials and equipment ordered by the projects in a cost-effective and transparent manner in line with DRC procedures and donor-specific policies.
- Oversee the development of vendor lists and supplier registration and conduct regular evaluation of existing suppliers and contractors.
- Participate in evaluation of bids and proposals and make sure the bids evaluation report, technical evaluation, minutes of negotiations, and negotiated contract in selection of consultants contain all the facts and information required to justify the recommendations made in the report.
- Participate in the joint verification of procured goods and equipment and to ascertain the items conformity to technical specifications and quantities.
- Correctly apply ERP supply chain processes.
- Ensure contract files for all procurement contain at least the minimum documentation required and archived on share point as per the Operations Handbook regulations and ensure DRC supplier due diligence is effective in the relevant context
- Assist with negotiation and dispute resolution with suppliers and landlords as required and assist & support the Support Service Manager with review of procurement plans and setting up Framework Agreements for standard items.
- Responsible for managing the accurate updating of the procurement table and distributing and updated version to the Support Service Manager on a weekly basis.
- Review procurement plans with Support service manager and assist with setting up Purchase Agreements for standard items.
- Maintain a tracking sheet of all Purchase Agreements and report upcoming expiry dates to the line Manager prior to the expiry date.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have a degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or any related field.. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Minimum of 2 years’ Experience in INGO supply chain management, contract management, and/or Purchase order/Admin contract support.
- Experience with standard procurement procedures and documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Good IT skills
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- Contract length: 6 months (pending fund approval) renewable based on performance and availability of funds
- Band/Level: H2/1
- Basic Salary: 1750 USD (depending on years of experience)
- Duty Station: Bekaa
- Start date: February 2020
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact dolene.khairallah@drc,ngo
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 2 February 2020, interviews are expected to take place on rolling basis.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
UN Job Openings at the Field Services categories as of 10 February 2023
Staff in the Field Service category are normally recruited internationally to serve in field missions. You are expected to be highly mobile and to serve in different locations during your career.
UN Job Openings at the Professional at higher categories as of 10 February 2023
Staff members in the Professional and higher categories (P and D) are normally internationally recruited and are expected to serve at different duty stations throughout their career with the Organization.
UN Job Openings As of 11 November 2022
We want people with integrity. People who are fair, impartial, honest and truthful. We want dynamic and adaptable persons who are not afraid to think creatively, to be proactive, flexible and responsive.