Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) Lead, Lebanon
Requisition ID: req2524
Job Title: Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) Lead, Lebanon
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
The SEL Lead will be responsible for the SEL component of the IPEO program, working in close collaboration with the consortium lead, government stakeholders, and other partners. He/she will provide strategic direction, leadership and overall technical and management support to SEL activities within IPEO, including the creation of an overarching SEL strategy, and ensuring alignment with overall consortium objectives.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
SEL Content and Strategy Development and Implementation
- Development of an overall strategy to integrate SEL within IPEO activities.
- Development of SEL content for use with children, teachers, and communities, with competencies
- Development of content to improve classroom and school climate through healing spaces
- Development of materials and a strategy for community engagement for SEL, including integration of SEL in parent reading circles
- Review and share program-specific tools / resources / curricula and work with Technical Unit specialists to contextualize and adapt global and country-specific materials
- Manage and support teams with implementation of SEL materials
Capacity-Building and Coordination
- Proactively collaborate with government stakeholders and other partners to ensure SEL integration and links throughout the program and related educational initiatives, in addition to providing SEL technical support upon request
- Development of a strategy and materials to build capacity related to SEL within the consortium and government, including capacity building of CERD trainers and DOPS counselors at the national level, in cooperation with World Learning for roll-out
- Mentoring and coaching teachers on SEL through field-based facilitators
Monitoring, Assessment, and Research
- Development of strategies for testing, piloting and tracking use of existing and newly developed materials
- Refining of materials based on learning from tracking and monitoring the use of developed materials
- Development of SEL assessment tools and related training, in close collaboration with IRC global technical units and academic partners
- Work with consortium colleagues to help analyze data that inform periodic review and course correction as-needed
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to:
Position directly supervises: SEL team members, as well as consultants as required.
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Regular communication with other consortium members and IRC Lebanon team, as well as education and research, evaluation, and learning technical teams. Interacts with IRC internal departments, including operations teams, to enable SEL activity implementation as needed.
External: Serve as IRC and SEL lead in consortium-related meetings. Upon request, participate in global meetings and academic forums with donors, other non-governmental organizations, inter-agency groups and foundations.
Education: Master’s/post-graduate degree in education or relevant field or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Work Experience: A minimum of 5 years in implementing and/or managing education programs is required, with a focus on SEL, in Lebanon. SEL technical tools and materials development and capacity-building is required. Monitoring and evaluation and research experience is highly desired.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies: Demonstrated expertise in SEL, program design and implementation, monitoring and evaluation, with the ability to turn concepts and strategy into measurable action. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated commitment to renewing and maintaining currency with best practices. Experience working in a consortium is highly desired.
Language Skills: Fluency in Arabic and English required; proficiency in French is desired/an advantage.
Working Environment: This position will be based in Beirut, Lebanon, with up to 30% travel within the country required.
All IRC staff are required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
This position is contingent upon funding.
International Rescue Committee is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Copyright © International Rescue Committee, 2018
Share this job on your social network and with your friends
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Job Opening Posting Title: INFORMATION SYSTEMS ASSISTANT (Unified Communications and Collaboration Technician), G5 Job Code Title: INFORMATION SYSTEMS ASSISTANT Department/Office:
Job Opening Posting Title: Procurement Assistant, G6 Job Code Title: PROCUREMENT ASSISTANT Department/Office: Department of Operational Support Duty Station: NEW