Senior Research, Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning Manager
Requisition ID: req2975
Job Title: Senior Research, Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning Manager
Sector: Monitoring & Evaluation
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
The Senior Research, Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (RMEAL) Manager will ensure timely and quality implementation of all the ECD and Education programs M&E and research data collection plans. The Senior RMEAL Manager will be responsible for developing and using logical frameworks and sound monitoring and evaluation tools to ensure that all data on ECD and Education programs beneficiaries, processes, features, components, progress, and performance is effectively collected, analyzed and documented to inform donor reporting and evidence-based programmatic design. The Senior RMEAL Manager will be responsible for overseeing, implementing, and reporting on all ECD-related and Education-related research, including developing work plans and planning data collections, hiring and training enumerators, provide feedback on measurement and tools, and ensuring secure data transfer and storage
- Focal point for the implementation of ECD and Education research assignments, methods and tools.
- In coordination with the IECD Coordinator, the Research, Monitoring, and Learning Regional Technical Lead, MEAL Coordinator, as well as relevant research partners, organize, coordinate and lead all ECD and Education research missions.
- Develop a detailed work plan for ECD and Education research activities.
- Continuously follow up and report on the implementation of ECD and Education research, and share regular progress updates.
- Review research design and tools to ensure contextual & programmatic feasibility and appropriateness.
- Ensure communication and harmonization between research activities and program implementation, including ensuring fidelity of research design implementation.
- Hire and train enumerators for data collections.
- Secure in-country national research approvals and permits, if necessary.
- Ensure that best practices in ethics and data protection & management are implemented throughout the research.
- Ensure the optimal use of resources for ECD and Education research.
- Provide appropriate and timely technical guidance to ECD and Education RMEAL staff members, and other team members when necessary.
- Organize, design, plan and oversee the evaluation, analysis, compilation and dissemination of statistical data for reviews and evaluations of research.
- Collaborate with primary stakeholders to develop feasible and effective ECD and Education research discussion events where data is analyzed and programming action is agreed upon.
- Participate in all calls with IRC Research, Monitoring, and Learning Regional Technical Lead, IRC Technical Unit and NYU to follow up on ECD and Education research.
- Participate in and represent IRC in all relevant meetings, as necessary.
- Directly responsible for the planning, management and oversight of the monitoring of the Education and ECD inclusive programs and projects, including current and future activity development.
- Develop M&E frameworks for all ECD and Education programs in consultation with the ECD Coordinator and Education Coordinator, and revise them periodically based on lessons learned.
- Implement IRC Quality Framework and Monitoring for Action systems to enable innovative ways of conducting inclusive ECD and Education monitoring that meet the rigorous requirements of the context and donor agencies.
- Support on prototyping and rapid cycle testing – Continuous Quality Improvement
- Establish and implement a mechanism for data (quantitative and qualitative) collection tools and reporting to ensure all requirements for inclusive ECD and Education monitoring are met, including field monitoring, quality data verification and analysis.
- Provide support to the ECD and Education Programs teams on ways to improve (streamline and strengthen, as well as verify) M&E-related components and activities.
- Lead trainings on M&E functions for capacity development and awareness to relevant IRC ECD and Education staff.
- Liaise with Regional M&E Coordinator, Lebanon MEAL Coordinator, and M&E Managers in other departments and organizations to share best practices and experiences.
C. Evaluation and Learning
- Organize, coordinate and lead evaluation for Education and ECD inclusive projects.
- Follow up on the implementation of evaluation recommendations.
- Provide timely technical guidance in preparation for all ECD and Education mandatory evaluations.
- Develop an evaluation management and communication plan for inclusive ECD and Education.
- Organize, design, plan and oversee the evaluation, analysis, compilation and dissemination of statistical ECD and Education data for internal reviews and evaluations.
- Conduct and coordinate mid-term reviews and internal evaluations and prepare reports.
- Coordinate and provide technical guidance for external ECD and Education partnership evaluation consultancies as necessary.
- Collaborate with primary stakeholders to develop feasible and effective discussion events where M&E data are analyzed and programming action is agreed upon.
- Identify and formulate evaluation findings, studies, research, lessons learned, and recommendations to be integrated into broader ECD and Education knowledge management efforts and draft them for wider dissemination.
- Conduct regular lessons learned workshops with the ECD and Education teams for program learning and improvement.
D. Accountability and Reporting
- Review M&E and research data and reports drafted by direct report staff, to ensure they are of high quality and accurate.Assist the Deputy ECD Coordinator and Deputy Education Coordinator to conceptualize, write, and consolidate progress reports inclusive of M&E and research data and findings.
- In coordination with the MEAL Coordinator, design and implement a beneficiary feedback system for the ECD and Education programs to ensure IRC is accountable to the children and beneficiaries it serves, in alignment with the regional FARM guidelines and IRC Lebanon FARM policy.
- In coordination with the MEAL Coordinator, participate in the Monitoring for Action (MfA) annual assessment for the ECD and Education programs and ensure implementation of relevant tools and systems to meet the MfA standards.
- Liaise with IRC relevant teams and units in supporting the development of inclusive ECD and Education monitoring and reporting tools at the regional and international levels.
E. Staff Management and Capacity Building:
- Directly manage the Senior M&E Officer and Research Officer under the ECD program, and the Education RMEAL team, by communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and providing documented semi-annual performance reviews.
- Coach, train and mentor direct report staff with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity on RMEAL and providing professional development guidance.
- Organize and conduct results-oriented inclusive ECD and Education monitoring and evaluation trainings (including quantitative and qualitative ECD and Education data collection methods).
- Ensure that capacity building is an integral part of the direct report staff plan along with ongoing mentoring and support.
- Ensure all activities are child and gender sensitive and follow IRC Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Apply Do No Harm standards to ensure activities do not have detrimental effects on vulnerable communities.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to reinforce the acceptance of IRC in the community.
- Participate in internal office coordination and planning meetings and workshops.
- Flexibility on other duties as assigned for program or professional development.
- All IRC staff is required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Integrated ECD Coordinator and Education Coordinator
- Position directly supervises: Senior ECD M&E Officer, ECD Research Officer, Senior Education M&E Officer, Education Research Officer.
- Indirect Reporting: MEAL Coordinator, Regional Monitoring, Research and Learning Technical Lead
- Other Internal and/or external contacts: Senior Quality, Training, and Capacity Building Officer, IRC Technical Units, NYU, regional ECD colleagues, Research Partners, M&E and Technology for Programs Teams in other programs within IRC Lebanon, UN Agencies, donors, etc.
- Master degree in Public Health, Public Administration, International Relief and Development, Statistics, Applied Statistics, Social Sciences, Information Management or any relevant related field.
- At least 4-5 years of experience in designing and implementing M&E and research systems.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of people management experience.
- At least 3 years of practical experience in designing data collection, analysis and reporting tools using appropriate software systems (SPSS, etc.).
- At least 3 years of experience in training and facilitation.
- At least 3 years of experience in data processing and analysis, and applying qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods to research, assessment, and monitoring
- Proven strategic and implementation ability with strong conceptual and analytical skills for planning, monitoring, and learning.
- Proven strong ability to work effectively with others to achieve results.
- Outstanding leadership and management abilities.
- Outstanding ability to build the capacity of teams.
- Demonstrable understanding of concepts and application in learning, and knowledge management.
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of gender and diversity issues and inclusive programming.
- Proven commitment to addressing inequalities and inequities in all the key areas of responsibility.
- Proven networking and representation skills at a senior level.
- Outstanding report writing and information dissemination skills.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with humanitarian guidelines and principles.
- Excellent contextual knowledge of local community and social/cultural constraints, realities and organizational relationships for effective project design and implementation.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills across a wide social range including project beneficiaries, community members, IRC colleagues, government officials, academics, partners, donors, etc.
- Previous experience in project cycle management in development and humanitarian contexts with an International NGO.
The position is based in Beirut, and expected to travel to Mount Lebanon, Tripoli, Akkar, and the Bekaa.
WOMEN OF ALL BACKGROUNDS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
International Rescue Committee is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Copyright © International Rescue Committee, 2018
Share this job on your social network and with your friends
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Job Opening Posting Title: INFORMATION SYSTEMS ASSISTANT (Unified Communications and Collaboration Technician), G5 Job Code Title: INFORMATION SYSTEMS ASSISTANT Department/Office:
Job Opening Posting Title: Procurement Assistant, G6 Job Code Title: PROCUREMENT ASSISTANT Department/Office: Department of Operational Support Duty Station: NEW