Senior Quality, Training, and Capacity Building Officer
Requisition ID: req3152
Job Title: Senior Quality, Training, and Capacity Building Officer
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
The Senior Quality, Training, and Capacity Building Officer ensures that the design, implementation and monitoring of the IRC inclusive ECD program are in line with appropriate technical guidelines and meet high quality standards. The position strongly backs up the ECD team, by providing technical oversight and support, and plays a key role in ensuring harmonization of best practices across geographical areas. The position develops and delivers training and capacity building to different stakeholders as needed. This includes:
- Technical and quality support in the design, implementation and monitoring of the inclusive ECD program activities and strategies;
- Oversee content and coordination of trainings, workshops and capacity building plans for ECD staff, partners, volunteers, and communities;
- Strengthen synergies through knowledge sharing initiatives across IRC sector programs and departments;
- Support the quality of the design of the inclusive ECD program activities and strategies;
- Ensure the quality of the implementation and monitoring of the inclusive ECD program in collaboration with the RMEAL unit;
- Ensure compliance of the implementation of the inclusive ECD program with high quality standards and donor requirements;
- Conduct observations of inclusive ECD activities implemented and share recommendations to improve the quality of technical and methodological approaches.
Training and capacity building
- Leads learning and knowledge management initiatives;
- Lead the design, planning and implementation of inclusive ECD Training of Trainers (ToT), trainings and workshops to relevant audiences;
- Support in the planning and execution of inclusive ECD training and capacity building budgets; oversee logistical and financial arrangements for inclusive ECD trainings and workshops;
- Supports in the design and implementation of inclusive ECD capacity building plans at the field level, including coaching and on-the-job training, in collaboration with ECD Officer, Senior Officers, and Deputy ECD Coordinator;
- Support the development or selection of strategies, technical materials and tools for pilots and initiatives related to inclusive ECD activities;
- Build the capacity of technical staff in charge of supervising inclusive ECD-related initiatives in pilots within other IRC sector programs, through training and regular coaching.
Human Resources Management
- Build capacity of the ECD team, providing ongoing coaching and support to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions;
- Identify individual training needs and ensure access to training and professional development resources appropriate to their skill gaps/needs;
- Maintain open and professional relations with ECD team members, promoting a strong team spirit, oversight and advise;
- Adhere to and act in accordance with the IRC Global HR Policies and Procedures;
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Integrated ECD Coordinator
- Position directly supervises: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: Senior ECD Officers and ECD Officer; Deputy ECD Coordinator, Grants Department, Finance Department, Supply Chain Department, Human Resources, ECD Technical Unit, ECD RMEAL unit, MEAL Coordinator, regional IRC ECD program staff members.
- External: New York University, Sesame Workshop, partners, communities.
- Bachelor degree in Education, Knowledge Management, or any other relevant related field;
- At least 3 years of professional experience working in capacity building, teaching, teacher training, and teaching material design (training and curriculum);
- At least 2 years of professional experience at management level, and/or in the knowledge management sector programming;
- Strong understanding of quality standards and compliance;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and facilitating trainings and workshops tailored for different audiences (ToT, capacity building, knowledge sharing, etc.);
- Demonstrated understanding of project management and monitoring and evaluation tools;
- Demonstrated experience in building the capacity of an organization in technical and organizational development areas;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, and effective in representation and liaison with external parties;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Autonomy and ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Flexibility, commitment, high work ethics and team spirit;
- Willingness to travel across Lebanon, and provide training to partners, staff members, communities (including informal tented settlements), etc.;
- Fluency in Arabic and English, written and oral.
- Master degree in Education, Knowledge Management, Management, or any other relevant related field;
- Fluency in written and oral French.
The position is based in Beirut, and expected to travel to field locations.
International Rescue Committee is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Copyright © International Rescue Committee, 2018
Share this job on your social network and with your friends
Subscribe to our Newsletter