Senior Child Protection Systems Strengthening Manager
Requisition ID: req2683
Job Title: Senior Child Protection Systems Strengthening Manager
Sector: Child Protection
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
The Senior Child Protection Systems Strengthening Manager will support the strengthening of the CP case management system in Lebanon on multiple levels. S/he will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of the IRCs capacity building programs, including the Interagency Case Management Coaching program, as well as overseeing a program focusing on access to justice for children. A core component of this role includes interagency coordination to co-lead the National Child Protection Case Management Task Force (CMTF), ensuring that IRC shares national updates on CM, and follows up the CMTF work plan and agreed upon action points in ongoing coordination with the co-lead and CP Coordinator.
The Senior Child Protection Systems Strengthening Manager will be responsible for ensuring a high standard of technical quality of IRC capacity building programs, providing direct support to managers, and when applicable staff implementing programs with local partners. The Senior Child Protection Systems Strengthening Manager will support the strengthening of CM systems through developing tools and materials which can be used by CP actors.
A key responsibility of the Senior Child Protection Systems Strengthening Manager will be the communication and coordination with various governmental and non-governmental child protection actors in Lebanon, including case management service providers and actors within the juvenile justice system.
The Senior Child Protection Systems Strengthening Manager will provide technical oversight for a UNHCR-funded national CP Case Management Coaching Program which includes providing ongoing coaching to CP CM managers and case workers. This will include leading the development of a syllabus based on the core competencies for CP Case workers which are integrated with the National Standard Operating Procedures (National SOP’s).
The Senior Child Protection Systems Strengthening Manager will also oversee the implementation of a capacity building project for community based actors and caseworkers to support low-risk level cases of unaccompanied and separated children and children with disabilities. S/he will oversee the training and coaching of case management organizations in order to support the training and supervision of community volunteers.
Furthermore, the Senior Child Protection Systems Strengthening Manager will provide technical oversight and guidance for a project focusing on access to justice for vulnerable children.
Finally, the Senior Child Protection Systems Strengthening Manager will work to ensure the quality of internal IRC CP case management in cooperation with the CP Coordinator, and relevant other CP team members.
- Close oversight of CP Coaching and Capacity Building Programs’ technical quality and budget implementation.
- Oversee the implementation of the CP Coaching Program which includes technical support to the CP Coaching Manager. Interagency Peer to Peer sessions will follow a curriculum developed by the Senior Child Protection Systems Strengthening Manager and the CP Coaching Manager to guide case workers, promote best practices, and core CP CM Competencies, in line with the National SOP’s.
- Oversee the implementation of the community based coaching program to support vulnerable children in low-risk situations which includes: overseeing coordination with UNHCR and its implementing partners, supporting the team to trouble shoot challenges, and reviewing tools and materials developed for the program.
- Ensure that regular peer to peer sessions that provide support and coaching for caseworkers and managers involved in CP CM are organized on a monthly basis, encouraging interagency managers and supervisors to take an active role in organizing sessions for caseworkers.
- Provide technical and program oversight to the IRC Case Management Capacity Building team through regular meetings, revision of materials and reports provided by the team.
- Ensure IRC CP CB teams receive technical CM support and are involved in training initiatives related to case management.
- Support and guide IRCs Capacity Building team and managers, ensuring the teams are abreast of developments in CP CM initiatives, and empowered to lead their programs and assume full responsibility of their roles.
- Oversee the implementation of quality programming and ongoing coordination with IRC partners.
- Support managers under supervision to closely coordinate with relevant IRC departments (SC, Grants, Finance and HR) to ensure smooth implementation of programming.
- Ensure that all M&E tools are appropriately used, stored and backed-up. Ensure that all reporting requirements (Activity Info, regional reporting,…) are complied with in a timely and accurate manner. Strive to continuously develop and strengthen M&E mechanisms for the CP capacity building teams.
- Work closely with the CP coordinator and other CP staff to ensure integrated programming between different CP teams.
- Coordinate with IRC Protection Rule of Law and Women Protection Program teams to ensure that the Coaching program is well coordinated and integrated.
Coordination & Representation
- Co-lead the Case Management Task Force including following up on the implementation of the CMTF Work plan and regular advocacy related to the Child Protection system and protection of all children.
- Coordinate monthly with UNHCR/USJ/MoSA/UNICEF to ensure that the case management coaching program and other IRC capacity building activities are well coordinated and integrated.
- Attend the Convergence Committee to ensure that IRC and partners recommendations on annexes to the National SoPS are in line with the needs highlighted by partners for the use of the SoPs.
- Maintain positive coordination and relationships with governmental and non-governmental child protection actors across Lebanon.
Staff Management and Development
- Coach, train, and mentor CP capacity building and coaching teams with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing professional development guidance.
- Supervise and mentor direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and leading documented semi-annual performance reviews.
- Provide constructive feedback and counsel on appropriate career paths and professional development.
- Promote and monitor staff care and well-being; approve and manage all leave requests to ensure adequate coverage.
- Offer leadership support for successful adherence by staff to IRC’s Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures.
- In coordination with the CP Coordinator, the Senior Child Protection Systems Strengthening Manager is responsible for the preparation of proposals, reports and budget development for relevant programming throughout the year.
- Ensure managers under supervision review the BVA on a monthly basis and ensure that program expenses are charged accordingly.
- Follow IRCs recruitment and logistics policies to ensure the successful implementation of programs.
- Provide relevant documentation as requested by IRCs finance, HR and Supply Chain departments.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Child Protection Program Coordinator
- Position directly supervises: CP Deputy Capacity Building Manager, CP Coaching Manager;
- Indirect Reporting: CP Coaching and Capacity Building teams;
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: CP Managers, SC, HR, Grants and Finance departments
- External: CMTF, CPieWG, Universite Saint Joseph, MoSA, UNHCR, UNICEF, IRC partners
- University degree in social work mandatory
- Master degree in social work preferable
- Background in Law an advantage
- Five years professional experience in international settings with international NGOs/UN Agencies
- Work experience working on setting up case management systems in a country at a national level, this includes supporting government bodies to reach minimum standards and advocate on steps required to adopt a comprehensive CM system
- Case management experience with children at national or international level mandatory
- Experience in working in working on juvenile justice projects an advantage
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to develop training materials, case management technical and reporting tools, supplementary modules for CM for IRC and external partner and government use
- Strong organizational skills, , ability to multi-task, organize work load and oversee varied components of programming and coordination
- Strong facilitation skills
- Demonstrated experience in managing budgets and writing donor reports
- Strong commitment to Child Protection and IRCs Child Safeguarding policy
- Fluency in English mandatory, Arabic and French a plus
Work environment: Office work and field trips (with basic accommodation in some areas).
International Rescue Committee is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Copyright © International Rescue Committee, 2018
Share this job on your social network and with your friends
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Posting Title: MEETINGS SERVICES ASSISTANT, G6 Job Code Title: MEETINGS SERVICES ASSISTANT Department/Office: United Nations Conference on Trade and Development
Posting Title: POLITICAL AFFAIRS OFFICER, P4 Job Code Title: POLITICAL AFFAIRS OFFICER Department/Office: United Nations Organisation Stabilization Mission in the
Posting Title: Humanitarian Affairs Officer, P3 Job Code Title: HUMANITARIAN AFFAIRS OFFICER Department/Office: Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs