Protection Information Management Manager
Requisition ID: req2799
Job Title: Protection Information Management Manager
Sector: Protection and rule of law
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Under the direct supervision of the Protection Coordinator, the Protection Information Management Manager will be responsible for ensuring the availability and quality of qualitative and quantitative data related to project activities. He/she will manage and supervise the quality of the information shared by protection reporting officers in 4 regions, and facilitate the collection of information from Protection Managers on a periodic and ad hoc basis, and will be responsible for consolidating the protection information on national level. He/she must help ensure that adequate systems for information collection are in place, well understood and fully utilized. Primarily he/she will be responsible to ensure that data is available when needed, assure that data is properly reflecting program activities in terms of accuracy and breadth. The Protection Information Management Manager will submit synthesis of reports that are presented in an easy-to-read format. These reports should be available to feed in advocacy initiatives focusing on enhancing protection environment in the country.
Major Responsibilities: Major responsibilities of the Protection Information Management Manager (not exhaustive) are listed below:
- Serves as the primary person responsible for ensuring the availability of protection trends analyses which includes quantitative and qualitative data on an ongoing basis, and ad hoc basis as required.
- Develops, establishes, maintains and continuously improves information management processes that support the achievement of overarching goals of Protection Sector.
- Oversees portfolios of projects and captures all programmatic information related to protection including data from various assessments in collaboration with field teams.
- Coordinates with field teams on standardizing both internal and external reporting under the guidance of protection coordinator, and in collaboration with the Senior Protection M&E Officer
- Oversees compilation of periodic reports, including but not limited to sit-rep, quarterly programming reports, rapid assessments… etc.
- Feed in developing fact sheets, summaries and dashboards for wide and external communication.
- Ensure the quality of data, in terms of both its accuracy and its breadth by ensuring reporting procedures and criteria are clear and followed by field teams.
- Follow up with protection managers and reporting officers as necessary and, over time, help build their capacity in presenting and providing analysis for information when possible.
- Perform other duties, as needed or requested by the supervisor.
- Provide evidence based information to feed in advocacy initiatives on regular basis.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Protection Coordinator
Position directly supervises: NA
Indirect Reporting: Advocacy Advisor
Other Internal and/or external contacts: direct interaction with Protection Managers, reporting officers, ICT4P officers, M&E Protection Senior officer and other sectors when needed.
- Bachelor degree
- MBA or related master degree preferred
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Strong analytical and reporting skills with attention to detail;
- Strong English language skills, oral and written;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently;
- Ability to travel to provide on-site guidance and training;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and ability to meet strict deadlines;
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic and diverse environment; and
- At least two years of prior professional experience in a similar post, reporting and information management experience highly preferred.
- Familiar with data management software such as JIRA, Zoho and ONA.
Language Skills: Advanced English and Arabic language skills is a must.
Working Environment: Located in Beirut, with constant travel to the field when required.
International Rescue Committee is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Copyright © International Rescue Committee, 2018
Share this job on your social network and with your friends
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Product Development Advisor – Asia and LAC Apply locations Global, Global Home Working, IndiaHome Working, United Kingdom GC Victoria Office,