IRC Job Opening
Chief of Party ( National position )
Requisition ID: req10485
Job Title: Chief of Party ( National position )
Sector: Program Administration
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Since its inception in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) has been a global leader in emergency response and providing durable solutions for conflict- and crisis-affected populations. IRC launched its Pakistan program in 1980 and is currently operating in 4 provinces and territories including Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Province and the newly merged districts of KP – Ex-Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA).
IRC is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) to lead the implementation of its USAID-funded Women’s Economic Empowerment Activity in Pakistan. This five year, $19.8 million project promotes women’s social and economic empowerment through safe and dignified access to livelihoods opportunities, information resources and services in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province through the achievement of the following outcomes: 1) increased income for women-owned micro-businesses and women workers; 2) expanded women’s economic, social participation, including their roles as peace builders in local communities; and 3) reduced risk of gender-based violence through advocacy and community engagement, particularly men and boys. The COP will be responsible for ensuring that the project is implemented in accordance with the cooperative agreement, USAID regulations, and internationally recognized quality of assistance standards. The COP will work closely with IRC country program, regional, and HQ leadership to ensure that the project is implemented in accordance with IRC policies and principles. In addition, the COP will be the primary representational link with USAID staff, and will liaise with the Mission to provide project updates, discuss strategies, obstacles, performance plans, and progress against targets. The COP will liaise with USAID agreement officers, technical support staff, partner organizations, outside contractors, and implementers of other USAID-funded initiatives as required, and will represent the project to all key stakeholders, government officials, and donors at coordination fora and other related seminars and meetings. The COP will ensure that project initiatives achieve the expected results of reducing the gender gap in economic and social opportunities between Pakistani men and women.
Under the overall leadership of the Country Director, this position will report to the IRC Pakistan’s Deputy Director Programs.
· Provide strategic and operational leadership and direction, define, and implement activities to achieve the greatest impact toward project goals and objectives;
· Develop, review, and monitor in coordination with key project staff, yearly work and performance plans to ensure long-term and short-term priorities are on track; Oversee technical direction and project delivery to ensure activities are in line with the performance framework and meet all standard operational policies and procedures;
· Oversee project finance and operations to optimize resources through sound budgets, consistent financial tracking, and timely submission of reports to the donor;
· Recruit, hire, and manage two key personnel i.e. Technical Specialist – Gender and Technical Specialist – Business Development and other national staff and consultants as needed to carry out the activities;
· Manage international and local partners to ensure that their performance meets or exceeds technical and financial contractual requirements;
· Report to USAID through both formal and informal debriefings, annual and semi-annual reports;
· Maintain active and cooperative relationships with all key stakeholders, including government officials, project partners, other implementing agencies, and related institutions;
· Represent the project and the organization in the public and ensuring the distribution of information about project achievements and lesson learned;
· Maintain a working knowledge of project financials, working with and supporting the financial officer to ensure that appropriate systems and procedures are in place and being followed;
· Support project staff by creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes teamwork, trust, mutual respect, and empowers staff to take responsibility and;
· Support implementation of IRC’s security protocols and provide leadership in handling security-related issues. Address local staffing and personnel issues related to security.
· Advanced degree (PhD or MA) from an accredited university in the field of economic development, international development, gender studies, social science or a related field required.
· At least 10 years of professional experience in designing and advancing projects on women’s economic empowerment (preferably in Pakistan), and in managing complex international donor-funded development activities in a challenging environment.
· Demonstrated experience managing multi-year, multi-million-dollar consortia projects with strong interpersonal and effective team management skills.
· Strong leadership, administrative management, presentation, reporting, and communication (both oral and written) skills and the ability to implement and manage projects with diverse subject matter expertise is preferred.
· Experience in financial, operational and administrative management of similar programming.
· Strong negotiation skills and the ability to develop relations and coordinate with government officials, donors, and other stakeholders in a complex and dynamic context.
· An in-depth understanding of the national / provincial laws in Pakistan, particularly related to women, harassment at workplace, and labor laws etc.
· Fluency in English and local language is required, preferably Pushto
The IRC Core Values and Commitments;
· The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
· IRC is committed to ensuring that IRC staff is suitable to work with children and have the knowledge s/he needs to uphold and abide by the IRC’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
o Level of interaction with children: Less frequent direct contact with children
· IRC recognizes that gender equality is fundamental to the achievement of our organizational mission. As such, IRC is committed to the promotion of gender equality in all aspects of our operations and programs. Our organizational policies, procedures and actions demonstrate this commitment.
Women candidates and persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
International Rescue Committee is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization.
Copyright © International Rescue Committee, 2020
Share this job on your social network and with your friends
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Associate Programme Management Officer( Multiple Positions) Level : P-2Job ID : 216794Job Network : Economic, Social and DevelopmentJob Family :
Programme Policy Officer (Durable Solutions and Refugee Integration – Coordination Consultant)Requisition ID: 829922 – Posted on 13/10/2023 – Short Term Monthly – Africa, Western – MauritaniaNouakchott – Working Job Language (1) – PROGRAMME