Requisition ID: req10352
Job Title: WPE Emergency Community Mobilizer
Sector: Women Protection & Empowerment
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Working under the supervision of the WPE Sr Officer, the Community Mobilizer leads all outreach, risk mitigation and community mobilization efforts as part of a WPE Rapid Response Team. Core activities include dissemination of information, assessment of risks faced by women and girls in the targeted communities and development of response strategies, capacity building of community members.
Community Outreach and Mobilization
- Identify and assess communities to be targeted by the WPE Rapid Response Team in coordination with the RRT senior officer.
- Conduct information and awareness sessions with women and girls in the community to disseminate information about available services.
- Identify and engage key “gatekeepers” within the community to ensure access of WPE team and promote participation of the community in activities
- Identify community focal points and outreach workers amongst the targeted areas and maintain regular contact with them
- Develop capacity building plans for community focal points to provide them with critical skills around safety assessment, advocacy, communication and leadership
- Coordinate and co-facilitate trainings of community focal points
Risk mitigation activities
- Conduct regular safety assessments and community mapping exercises to identify key risks faced by women and girls within their community
- Support focal points and other community members in developing advocacy messages and strategies to address and/or mitigate risks faced by women and girls
- Facilitate referral of identified needs to humanitarian organizations and other service providers, ensuring follow up and feedback to the community
Monitoring and Reporting
- Regularly document outreach and GBV risk assessment activities using agreed tools to highlight key protection and safety concerns affecting women and girls
- Participate in weekly reporting and planning meetings to ensure adherence to standards of care, quality case management, and reporting requirements are followed
- At least six months experience working or volunteering in direct contact with community members!
- Ability to engage with community members in an open manner, maintain confidentiality and respect!
- Clear understanding of gender inequality, and issues surrounding violence against women and girls.
- Positive and professional demeanor, able to coordinate, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work overtime when vital and be able to coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a member of a team is crucial.
- Proficiency in Arabic.
- INGO or NGO experience
- Ability to communicate in English
- Experience working with population in crisis.
- Skilled at using basic computer programs – Microsoft Word and Excel
Working Environment: The position will be based in Beirut with daily travel to affected locations. Security clearance will be acquired daily.