Requisition ID: req10351
Job Title: WPE Emergency Case Worker
Sector: Women Protection & Empowerment
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
The WPE RRT Case Worker provides direct support and case management to vulnerable women and girls as part of the WPE team in various affected locations:
- Case management services located community-based safe spaces;
- Emotional support groups in community-based safe spaces;
- Psycho-social activities in community-based safe spaces.
Provide direct support and care to vulnerable women and girls community-based activities
- Provide direct support and care for vulnerable women and girls (including survivors of gender-based violence), including psychosocial support and case management. Case management services include:
- Basic counseling and psychosocial support
- Assessment of needs and resources
- Developing safety plan
- Implementing the plan
- Appropriate follow-up and referrals
- Case closure (if and when appropriate)
- Referrals for other services, where relevant
Provide direct age-appropriate and specialized support and care for vulnerable adolescent and girl children (including survivors of GBV), including counseling and case management.
- Case management services for survivors under the age of 18 will include the above steps of case management along with:
- Age appropriate engagement and decision-making by survivors
- Do No Harm analysis
Coordinate, facilitate, and supervise psychosocial activities, including emotional support groups in community-based safe spaces.
- Mobilize and register participants
- Facilitate structured group sessions using available guidance
- Build support group plan
- Facilitate mid-point and final group evaluations for monitoring and reporting
Monitoring & Reporting
- Support the maintenance of the IRC’s case management system and the GBV Information Management System.
- Complete the case management quality assessment tool regularly
- Participate in weekly reporting and planning meetings to ensure adherence to standards of care, quality case management, and reporting requirements are followed
- At least six months of counseling experience with issues relating to violence against women and girls, gender and development, child protection or social change
- Clear understanding of gender inequality, and issues surrounding violence against women and girls!
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for clients at all times crucial!
- Positive and professional demeanor, able to coordinate, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work overtime when vital and be able to coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a member of a team crucial.
- Proficiency in Arabic & English is required