Requisition ID: req10162
Job Title: Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE) Emergency Senior Officer
Sector: Women Protection & Empowerment
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
In the context of the IRC emergency response in Beirut affected areas, WPE Sr. Program Officer will be leading and coordinating core emergency programming activities that will be implemented at the field level and will be responsible for compiling program data and trends and reporting to the assigned supervisor.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Develop operational mobile team plans that include staffing and a schedule of psychosocial and outreach activities to be conducted in addition to GBV risk assessment and response tools;
- Develop work plans to achieve targets and follow up on the response implementation.
- Identify the most vulnerable locations to implement the program activities in coordination with the front line’s staff.
- In coordination with caseworkers and community mobilizers, organize work-plans for outreach workers that addresses work schedules, responsibilities, and training/support activities.
- Update and maintain referral lists and service mapping and contacts for relevant organizations in the implementing areas;
- Keep an open coordination with the Adolescent Girls Programme Manager, program manager and relevant staff when developing safe spaces individual strategies.
Team Support and Supervision
- Hold regular planning and debriefing sessions on a daily and weekly basis with the rapid response team.
- Hold bi-weekly individual sessions with team members to review tasks and responsibilities, supervise job performance, and provide support as the need arises.
- Ensure accurate documentation for the RRT members (90 day action plan, onboarding plan, sick leaves, annual leaves etc…)
- In collaboration with the WPE RRT Senior Manager and the Capacity Building Team, facilitate or coordinate trainings that support technical skills of staff, e.g. how to run effective focus groups, conduct safety assessments, introducing RRT WPE services, how to talk about GBV, how to conduct referrals, and other identified needs.
- Be responsible for and supervise the capacity building and the development plans for team members.
- Shadow all WPE RRT activities (Non-focused, GBV risk assessments and response tools, Focused PSS curriculums and ensure quality delivery of services to the affected population.
- Provide inputs to WPE management on how to develop WPE Emergency Response Programming and follow up on ongoing operations.
- Deliver in a timely manner all logistical functions (Movement plans, Materials needs, weekly calendar, room reservation etc…)
- Coordinate and follow up with other IRC departments responding to the emergency ensuring a coverage for the identified needs.
- Ensure that attendance records and other reporting tools (PSS reporting tools, w biweekly and monthly reporting tools) are implemented;
- Supervise data collection to ensure that staff collects data in safe and ethical ways;
- Maintain and update staff capacity-building and support plans and submit to the supervisor according to an agreed upon schedule;
- Compile weekly and monthly reports to provide information on trends, challenges, and activities to Program Manager
Advocacy and referrals
- Act as main focal point for referral of non-GBV cases and protection concerns within the area of responsibility
- Share key advocacy messages with the supervisor, relevant UN Groups (UNHCR, UNICEF, UNFPA, etc, and government ministries)
- Clear understanding of gender inequality and issues surrounding gender-based violence in an emergency context!
- Demonstrated ability to lead, train, supervise and empower staff in their respective tasks in a professional, respectful, and encouraging manner!
- Familiarity with principles of monitoring and evaluation. Experience in writing brief narrative reports in English.
- Digital literacy, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Proficiency in Arabic and English is preferable.
- Degree/diploma in Women’s Studies, Social Work, or a related field
- Positive and professional demeanor, able to coordinate, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work overtime when vital and be able to coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.