Requisition ID: req10163
Job Title: Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE) Emergency Adolescent Girls Assistant
Sector: Women Protection & Empowerment
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Under the supervision of the WPE RRT Sr Officer and with the technical support of the Adolescent Girls Manager, the Adolescent Girls Assistant will be working as part of the Rapid Response Emergency Team alongside a Caseworker and a Community Mobilizer. Responsible for mobilizing and responding to the needs of adolescent girls in the affected areas, in order to mitigate their exposure to GBV and strengthen their positive coping skills.
Major Responsibilities: Risk mitigation & community mobilization
- Participate in assessment and outreach visits to identify vulnerable communities that the RRT will target.
- Conduct safety assessments and community mapping with adolescent girls to ensure an adequate collection of the faced risks.
- Provide regular updates to WPE Sr Officer, WPE Manager and Adolescent Girls Manager on common trends and needs of the targeted group to support in the program design and advocacy initiatives
- Use agreed-upon reporting formats to ensure risk mitigation activities and their findings are well documented and utilized for program adaptation, advocacy and referrals
Psycho-social support & life-skills development
- Mobilize adolescent girls in affected locations to participate in psychosocial activities provided by the IRC, including emotional support groups, skills-building, non-formal education and recreational activities
- Facilitate life-skills activities targeting adolescent girls based on the IRC’s focused PSS curricula.
- Use agreed-upon monitoring and evaluation tools to observe adolescent girls’ participation in activities and collect their feedback
- Minimum six months professional experience in community-based Protection or GBV programming, preferably in an emergency context!
- Clear understanding of gender, human rights, and issues surrounding violence against women and girls!
- Demonstrated experience working with adolescent age, including facilitating trainings and/or activities targeting adolescent girls
- Experience training or mentoring other staff within the organization or in a partner organization
- Proficient in Arabic; solid understanding of English an asset
- Positive and professional demeanor, including ability to work well in a team setting
- Strong ability to organize work, respect timelines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Good digital literacy including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint