Requisition ID: req10360
Job Title: Procurement Assistant – Beirut
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
The Syria crisis is often described as the worst humanitarian catastrophe since the end of the Cold War. Inside Syria, 7.6 million people are internally displaced and 12.2 million are in need of humanitarian assistance, with 4.8 million in hard-to-reach areas. There are 4 million Syrian refugees in neighboring countries. This is no short-term humanitarian episode. The devastating human consequences to huge numbers of people will endure for decades. The destruction of relationships, communities, livelihoods, homes and infrastructure will take years to repair.
IRC is offering a robust humanitarian response to the Syria crisis. With an annual budget in excess of $140 million and a rapidly expanding portfolio, supported by more than 1,250 staff in the region, IRC is undertaking programs in Syria and the neighboring countries of Turkey, Iraq, Lebanon and Jordan in the fields of health, child protection, education, women’s protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, water and sanitation, and livelihood programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
Job Overview/Summary:The Procurement Assistant is a key position within Supply Chain and carries responsibility for the integrity of the IRC’s procurement system. Supply Chain must be able to rapidly procure Program supplies, services and equipment, whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records. This individual will be responsible for pro-active sourcing, team supporting, supplier reference checking, updating procurement trackers & supplier data base along with material category price list, S/he will also help the staff in finalizing the planned MSA/MPA’s in a timely manner by supporting in the site visits procedure & documentation preparation.
- Updating supplier data base & Material category price list
- Updating payment sheet, Sole procurement Tracking sheets & MSA tracker
- Sourcing new suppliers through site visits and online search
- Assist on photocopying, scanning, archiving procurement files &reception of goods
- Follow-up internally between SC department and Finance department on procurement related transactions.
- Following the guidance of the procurement staff, to ensure that all fields’ goods, to be dispatched along with all the needed documentation (Waybills…).
- Sending request for feedback regarding suppliers performance & update supplier files accordingly
- Participate MSA/MPA procedure as per staff need.
- Routine communication, coordination and planning with the relevant requesting staff / programs regarding the order and delivery of supplies.
- Ensuring that all Supplies, services and equipment’s required are delivered in time.
- Establishment and maintenance of ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers
- Work with partnership unit based on ER plan
- Any other duties or tasked delegated by Procurement Officer or senior procurement manager.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Procurement Officer, Procurement Officer
Position directly supervises: NA
Indirect Reporting: Senior Procurement manager
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: All staff
External: This position will require close collaboration with IRC Staff, suppliers & other networks, etc.
- Bachelor University Degree, preferably in management, administration or related fields
- Work Experience: 1-3 years
- Language Skills: Excellent in Arabic and English.
- Maintain attention to detail, and coordinate multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Sense of humor
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities.
- Good knowledge and use of Microsoft excel.
- A good command of English language.
Working Environment: Staff will be based in Beirut office with travel to field locations as requested and upon business needs.