Requisition ID: req10488
Job Title: ERD Senior Cash Program Manager
Sector: Economic Recovery & Livelihood
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
The Senior Cash Program Manager will work closely with the ERD Coordinator in order to ensure the smooth implementation of all aspects related to cash distributions, ensuring new and ongoing programs are informed by real time information and are responsive to the dynamic needs of local markets and the beneficiaries we serve. The Senior Cash program manager will also support the development of tools, relationships and technology that help to ensure speedy delivery of support as well as effective monitoring and tracking of progress against program goals.
- Oversee the implementation of cash-based programming across multiple sites in Beirut and possibly beyond, in association with the ERD Coordinator, to ensure programs achieve their objectives within the allotted time and budget and to quality;
- Supervise and manage all cash programming activities including MPCA to households and unconditional cash to businesses
- Directly supervise the cash officers supporting the implementation of related program activities;
- Ensure timely market assessments and price monitoring are conducted to inform current and future cash-based programming, while mitigating negative effects on local markets;
- Support the development of financial service provider (FSP) relationships to ensure timely, quality and smooth delivery of cash assistance;
- Support capacity building of Beirut based staff in cash programming (including staff from other sectors and departments);
- Where possible support innovation and new approaches to delivering cash effectively through capturing lessons learned, liaising with ERD Technical Unit and other relevant country program staff for support and to inform global cash programming;
- Work with beneficiaries, FSPs, finance, and operations teams to identify optimal transfer amounts and payment mechanisms for cash assistance;
- Support the development of data collection tools such as baseline, targeting, post distribution monitoring and end-line assessment tools for each of the program interventions, including mobile data collection instruments (e.g. survey questionnaires, focus group discussions, key informant interviews) along with the M&E teams and ERD Coordinator;
- Assist with program development including the writing and preparation of grants, reports, or other outputs as needed in support of expanding cash and voucher programming in Lebanon;
- Support the ERD Coordinator to prepare spending plans and cash projections, and ensure budget lines (that he/she is designated as Budget Line Holder) are spent out according to spending plans.
- Assist the ERD Coordinator in drafting baseline and PDM analysis reports based on the findings, and participate in identifying program corrective measures as required;
- Compile and submit monthly technical and progress reports to the ERD Coordinator.
- Develop case studies of the different programmatic components
- Ensure that field activities are implemented in accordance to the approved Cash Relief Operating Procedures (CROPS) and other IRC policies.
- In conjunction with the ERD Coordinator and other ERD staff, participate in periodic technical project evaluations.
- Integrate protection mainstreaming when implementing economic recovery programming;
Education: Undergraduate degree in economics, social science, food security, logistics or related field and technical accreditation or equivalent
- 3 years of work experience in the humanitarian or development sector with progressive management and decision-making responsibility, including 1-2 years of experience implementing humanitarian and/or development programs with cash and/or voucher components.
- Experience working in diverse emergency, recovery post-conflict or development contexts preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of cash and/or voucher programs, and demonstrated ability to work across function and sector to ensure high-quality market-based program delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical expertise and standards and implement best practice approaches to implementing rapid, consistent, high quality emergency projects
- Prior experience with digital data collection and mobile payment systems
- Superior internal and external communication and coordination capabilities and capability to operate independently and as a team member. Excellent writing skills required.
- Experience managing donor funded programs and grants, including budget management, work plans, and reporting, and providing technical input to proposal-budget development efforts.
- Must be comfortable using technology for program implementation while also training staff and participants on use of technology
- Excellent organizational skills and motivation to drive forward best practices organization-wide
Language Skills: Must be fluent in English, Arabic highly desirable
The position will be based in Beirut, Lebanon. The Senior Cash Program Manager will be required to travel to project locations in the country and surrounding region and will report to the ERD Coordinator.