Requisition ID: req10223
Job Title: Education Officer with focus on Retention
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Qobayat, Lebanon
The Education Officer with a focus on Retention programming and Partnerships will be responsible for the delivery and monitoring of quality education services in the assigned locations and technical oversight and support of partner identification activities and when possible, implementation in Akkar. He/She will work closely with the Education Manager, and Monitoring and Evaluation team. The position will be under the supervision of the Education Senior Officer.
Implementation of the Retention Support component
- Actively participate in Out of school mapping activities covering all Syrian refugees ITSs and Lebanese hosting community with in the intervention area;
- Support the Education Field Manager in the assessment of new locations for new programming.
- Ensure IRC and partner learning centers in all assigned locations respond to quality education standards;
- Ensure IRC learning centers in all assigned locations respond to quality education standards;
- Support students registration and monitor regular attendance and drop-out;
- Participate in the selection of Parents Focal Points, Parents-Teacher committees and mother groups in assigned locations.
Technical support to teachers
- Participate in teachers’ selection process and training of teachers in the assigned locations;
- Conduct monthly classroom observation and mentoring sessions in the assigned locations;
- Follow up on the proper implementation of the Retention Support curriculum and teachers’ attendance;
- Identify teachers’ capacity building needs and structure capacity building and professional development plan for teachers in the assigned locations;
- Organize Teachers Learning Circles (TLCs) activities on a monthly basis;
Data collection and reporting
- In cooperation with M&E manager and M&E officer perform base line and endline surveys at Syrian refugees ITSs and Lebanese hosting communities to identify projects beneficiaries, and prepare name lists of children in accordance with educational level and age group;
- Collect data needed for monthly and quarterly reports using dedicated monitoring tools for the CBEOs including Focus Group Discussions (FGDs) and Children Satisfaction Survey;
- Ensure the quality of data collection in the assigned locations and provide feedback on challenges in data collection processes and tools;
Technical support to Partners
- Direct responsibility for effective, timely sub-award partner support as it relates to program issues including on-the job coaching, learning sessions and continuous daily support.
- Lead timely and effective programmatic monitoring of sub-award partners, identifying appropriate follow up actions, and provide completed reports to Partnership Unit
- Promote full partner participation in decision making with respect to the program, including any program adaption based on program data
- Ensure that supported partner programs abide by humanitarian principles and sector principles and standards
- Explore with partners potential capacity strengthening support, including system strengthening, trainings and overall organizational development – and identify requisite resources (in collaboration with the Partnership Unit)
- Support the review of the performance of the partner, of the IRC, and of the partnership, including successes, challenges and lessons learned, fostering ongoing partnerships beyond the sub-award cycle.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Education Manager
Position directly supervises: none
Indirect Reporting: Senior Education Officer
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: ERD/Child Protection/WPE and Protection officers
External: other NGOs working in education in Akkar
- University degree in social science, education, pedagogy, or related field;
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience in education sector, including teaching, teacher training and coaching;
- Facilitation and capacity building experience and skills;
- Experience in working with refugee communities Lebanon;
- Working experience in working in partnerships a plus
- Working experience in an NGOs and INGO is a plus
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English mandatory; fluency in French is a plus;
- Autonomy and ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Flexibility, commitment, work ethics and team spirit;
Travel and other requirements: The position will be based in Akkar, with some travel required between the Bekaa and North governorates and the main IRC offices in Beirut.
WOMEN OF ALL BACKGROUNDS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY