Job available in these locations:
Requisition ID: req10415
Job Title: Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion Assistant
Sector: Emergency Response
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: SNNPR 2, Ethiopia
Under the direct supervision of the Sanitation and hygiene promotion Officer, the SHPA Position is a Based in Woreda level that involves planning, management and monitoring the accurate implementation of the Emergency Hygiene Promotion Response in targeted areas. The position requires professional communication and engagement skill with the communities, and the partners who are working at the ground. She or He will work in close coordination with community and Government Body to ensure hygiene promotion activities coordinated with WASH targets.
- In collaboration with other team members, the SHP assistant undertakes detail Hygiene and Sanitation need assessments.
- Assist in preparing related IEC and BCC materials, in collaboration with EH team, ensuring messages are appropriate for the community and conduct pre-testing before dissemination.
- Ensure the accurate dissemination of hygiene messages to the community at grass root level.
- In collaboration with Wereda level partner coordinate and facilitate a capacity building training for WUAs members and other community segments.
- Organize community level hygiene awareness campaigns and prevention of Cholera.
- Organize training for community representatives on Hygiene and sanitation and Cholera case management and control.
- Plan and ensure the accurate distribution of Non Food Items.
- Works closely with Woreda Water and Health Offices towards efficient and effective process of the response and emergency hygiene promotion activities
- Works in collaboration with other IRC staff, government partners & key stakeholder and Ensure accurate integration of the interventions.
- Produces activity progress update and reports as per the preset reporting schedule and submit to the supervisor and copy to the Senior ERR Officer and the ERR manager
- Experience working closely with Health team on disease surveillance and WASH programs/activities at Wereda or Kebele level.
- Work on building of the capacity of woreda partners and HEWs on WASH emergency promotion, NFI distributions and other health educations
- Plan and conduct different hygiene & sanitation promotion and health educations on different community meetings by using different hygiene promotion approaches
- Conduct regular post distribution monitoring and periodic post distribution survey of the NFI at house hold level
- Conduct different review meetings with woreda partners, HEWs and community representatives on progress of the hygiene promotion activities and beneficiary compliance and feedback management systems
- Takes additional works as assigned by supervisor.
- BSc Degree/Diploma in Environmental Health, and public Health field
- 1 year experience for BSc Degree holders and 3 years’ experience for Diploma holders.
- NGO experience is plus.
- Hygiene promotion experience in local community settings.
- Basic computer skill (Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and e-mail).
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required.
- Good command spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of the local language is an advantageous.