Finance Accounting Manager
Requisition ID: req1580
Job Title: Finance Accounting Manager
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
The Finance Manager – Accounting in the Beirut Office performs the day-to-day finance operations. He/she assists the Finance Controller in the maintenance and oversight of the accounting operations to in the main and field office to ensure that all finance operations in Beirut and field are performed in accordance with IRC and country office policy and procedures.
Main Finance Responsibilities which applies at the main and field level whenever applicable:
- Ensures that all policies and procedures are in compliance with IRC and funding source policies, procedures, and requirements
- Manage all aspects of day to day operations of accounting department.
- Assist in the implementation of Finance policies, procedures and systems.
- Review all payment documents for proper and adequate back up.
- Conduct a time sheet audit for country office from time to time.
- Maintains current knowledge of local government requirements related to financial matters and ensures compliance with tax regulations and other legal requirements
- Oversees training/Orientation and technical support to country program, logistics and administrative staff for skills improvement in the areas of accounting, reporting and internal control
Data Entry / Accounting Records
- Review expenditure spreadsheet and submit to the Finance Controller
- Analyze and take necessary steps in maintenance of SUN’s subsidiary ledgers for advances, receivables and payables
- Verify completeness and accuracy of all accounting documents
- Efficient usage of the Sun accounting system to record, reconcile, produce reports and generate budgets
- Do postings in Sun system on monthly basis.
- Execute a bi weekly back-up of all financial ledgers.
- Do the month end up loading in SUN system, create office SAF file and ensure back up with minimal rejections.
- Make sure that on a monthly basis balance sheet reconciliations are completed on a timely manner and those final reconciliations and trial balances are reviewed with the Finance Controller.
Payroll and Taxes
- Review and Record the national payroll; ensure standard financial controls are maintained and that all payments are accurate and legitimate
- Ensure proper tax grades are used and all payments to Income and Sales Tax Department are accurate and legitimate
- Prepare required tax reports to Tax authorities (MOF/ MOI/ VAT etc…)
- Process cash withdrawals from the bank and ensure timely bank payments
- Liaise with bank officials in order to ensure uninterrupted bank services
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation schedules.
- Maintenance of bank account signatory lists.
- Ensuring adequate cash balance is available in bank for smooth function of activities.
- Supervises the preparation of Cash Transfer Requests to New York and ensures that appropriate balances are maintained to facilitate grant implementation
- Ensures the development and implementation of a plan to minimize the country’s foreign exchange exposure to currency gains and losses
Cash Operations / Preparation of Vouchers
- Ensure internal control procedures are followed for all cash disbursement, exchanges, receipts and transfers.
- Inform Finance Controller of all discrepancies
- Ensure that cash payments are reduced as much as possible
- Assist the Finance Controller in responding to internal and/or external audit requests
- Provide training to program staff on finance issues
- Check sub-grantee reports and arrange payments to them.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliation reports
- Assist the finance controller in donor reports preparation if needed
- Liaison with Supply Chain, Administration and Program and participate in tenders and review tender documents
- Maintain the audit file as per IRC policy
- Any other task as requested by the supervisor.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in an Accounting /Finance position preferably in an NGO with 2 minimum years of managerial position
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from recognized College/university.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Computer literate with significant experience in excel and accounting Sun system
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal (English and Arabic).
- Experience in managing a team, defines roles and responsibilities, and deals with conflict in a constructive manner.
- Acts with integrity and transparency in all decision-making and resolves difficult situations in a calm, thoughtful and professional manner
- Time management and organization skills.
- Can work in stressful environment.
Key Working Relationships:
Position: reports to the Finance Controller
Position directly supervises: Senior finance officers
Technical Reporting: There will be a work relation with all the finance team members.
Other Internal and/or external contacts: describe the nature of departments or groups the position influences or requires support from to accomplish objectives.
Internal: Finance, HR, Supply Chain, Program, and Field staff
External: Banks and sub-grants.
Working Environment/Travel and other requirements: Staff will be based in Beirut Main office, with travel sometimes to the IRC field offices.
International Rescue Committee is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Copyright © International Rescue Committee, 2018
Share this job on your social network and with your friends
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Posting Title: Senior Human Rights Officer, P5 Job Code Title: SENIOR HUMAN RIGHTS OFFICER Department/Office: Office of the High Commissioner
Posting Title: Human Rights Officer, P3 Job Code Title: HUMAN RIGHTS OFFICER Department/Office: Office of the High Commissioner for Human
Posting Title: Finance & Budget Officer, P3 Job Code Title: FINANCE AND BUDGET OFFICER Department/Office: Department of Management Strategy, Policy