Facilitation Skills and Training Materials Development Facilitator
Requisition ID: req3014
Job Title: Facilitation Skills and Training Materials Development Facilitator
Sector: Child Protection
Employment Category: Consultant
Employment Type: Part-Time
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
The incumbent of this role will be responsible for the following tasks and deliverables:
Task 1: Develop training objectives, content and methodology
- In close coordination with the Child Protection Coaching Program Manager, provide input and advice to determine overall objectives of course, key content areas, strategy and methodology for presentation and training activities;
- Develop the methodology and elaborate the approach to the training;
- Prepare draft agenda and training outlines based on number of days agreed (3 to 4 days).
Task 2: Prepare training materials
- Prepare presentation material, including PowerPoint slides, audio-visual aids and lesson plans/lecture notes for each presentation, as well as creative activities for the session with focus on child protection examples;
- Prepare standard materials for participants, such as a guidebook and/or all related handouts and other materials;
- Share materials with CP coaching staff for review and printing for the sessions.
- Develop pre and post-test questionnaires with key answers in line with the content and the objectives to measure the outcome of the training.
Task 3: Design Interactive Exercises
- Design a range of realistic interactive exercises, including “hands-on” practice of skills, including simulations as needed to support training content and objectives;
- Ensure that the training sessions are linked together and integrated into a coherent whole;
- Facilitate and run various exercises relating to the subject material with focus on child protection examples;
Task 4: Facilitate the training based on the agreed agenda, training objectives and outputs
The training workshop should meet the following minimum criteria:
- Produces actors that are confident and competent in the training materials preparation and the delivery of training with minimal external support;
- Engages participants in actual delivery of sections of the training;
- Engages participants in simulating relevant and realistic challenges for training materials development, practicing and applying facilitation skills;
- Encourages participants to participate in drafting agenda and outlines as well as using brief presentations, live demonstrations, innovative, interactive practical exercises with feedback and coaching on the relevant skills and processes, discussion exercises and application of reinforcement tools;
- Transfers techniques in training and materials development best practice.
- Provide participants set of link and list of resources on facilitation skills, guidelines for developing practical exercises and training materials for additional review.
The developed package including but not limited to the agenda, power point presentation, handouts, exercises, games, roles play, and all other activities should be made available in an electronic form.
Correct the pre and pot test questionnaires and share the results with the CP coaching staff in hard copy.
All IRC Staff to adhere to THE IRC way Standards for Professional conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIP
Position Reports to: Child Protection Coaching Program Manager.
Other Internal contacts: Child Protection Coordinator
- A minimum of a postgraduate degree in a related area;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in developing and facilitating training and workshops, particularly training in humanitarian field of work, experience in training child protection actors is a plus;
- Experience in working in NGO is preferable
- Experience in developing and facilitating trainings/ peer to peer sessions
- Fluency in Arabic and English mandatory
International Rescue Committee is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Copyright © International Rescue Committee, 2018
Share this job on your social network and with your friends
Subscribe to our Newsletter
The objectives of the Centre, as stated by its mandate, are to provide information and communication technology (ICT) services (including training) on an inter-organizational basis.