Driver (2 positions)
Akkar - Qobayat
Requisition ID: req2978
Job Title: Driver – Akkar (2 positions)
Sector: Women Protection & Empowerment
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Working under the supervision of the Fleet Dispatcher based in Akkar, the driver will be responsible to transport IRC staff to any area in Lebanon in respect to IRC rules and procedures.
- To transport authorized passengers on their official duties, as well transport cargo safely and as instructed. This includes collecting materials from project sites and suppliers.
- To adhere to IRC policies and procedures, including but not limited to:
- Understand and obey all traffic laws and regulations.
- Accurately keep the vehicle log sheets.
- Performance of daily vehicle inspections according to IRC standards.
- Applying the standard regulations and procedures in case of accident.
- Ability and willingness to undertake frequent trips to and from the field offices, including overnight stays if required.
- To travel to all areas in Lebanon without any exception for any location.
- Be able to help logistically is case asked
- Commitment to working to serve humanitarian needs in line the values of integrity, service and accountability
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Fleet Dispatcher
- Position directly supervises: N/A
- Indirect Reporting: Sr. Logistics Officer and Fleet Manager
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: all Akkar office staff
- External: N/A.
- Minimum 3- 5 years of experience
- No Degree required
- Age over 25 years old
- Possessing a valid driving license at all times.
- Fluent in Arabic and good in English
- Relevant experience preferred
- Clean and organized
- No health condition that might prevent him from driving (Permanent Injuries, bad eyesight…)
- Good time management
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Computer Skills (Excel & Word)
Working Environment: The position will be based in Qobayat and Der Daloum with field visits all over Lebanon.
International Rescue Committee is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Copyright © International Rescue Committee, 2018
Share this job on your social network and with your friends
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Staff in the Field Service category are normally recruited internationally to serve in field missions. You are expected to be highly mobile and to serve in different locations during your career.
Staff members in the Professional and higher categories (P and D) are normally internationally recruited and are expected to serve at different duty stations throughout their career with the Organization.