Community Mobilizer - WPE
Requisition ID: req3195
Job Title: Community Mobilizer – WPE
Sector: Women Protection & Empowerment
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Bekaa, Lebanon
Working under the supervision of the WPE Sr Officer, the Community Mobilizer leads all outreach, risk mitigation and community mobilization efforts as part of a WPE Rapid Response Team or Mobile Team. Core activities include dissemination of information, assessment of risks faced by women and girls in the targeted communities and development of response strategies, capacity building of community members.
Community Outreach and Mobilization
- Identify and assess communities to be targeted by the WPE Rapid Response Team or Mobile Teams
- Conduct information and awareness sessions with women and girls in the community to disseminate information about available services and refugee’s entitlements
- Maintain regular contact with community focal points to ensure a constant flow of information and feedback
- Gather feedback at the community level regarding WPE service provision and share information with the WPE Senior Officer
- Identify and engage key “gatekeepers” within the community to ensure access of WPE teams and promote participation of the community in activities
- Identify community focal points amongst the refugee and host communities and maintain regular contact with them
- Develop capacity building plans for community focal points to provide them with critical skills around safety assessment, advocacy, communication and leadership
- Organize and co-facilitate trainings of community focal points
Risk mitigation activities
- Conduct regular safety assessments and community mapping exercises to identify key risks faced by women and girls within their community
- Support focal points and other community members in developing advocacy messages and strategies to address and/or mitigate risks faced by women and girls
- Facilitate referral of identified needs to humanitarian organizations and other service providers, ensuring follow up and feedback to the community
Monitoring and Reporting
- Regularly document outreach and community mobilization activities using agreed tools to highlight key protection and safety concerns affecting women and girls
- Participate in weekly reporting and planning meetings to ensure adherence to standards of care, quality case management, and reporting requirements are followed
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
- All IRC staff is required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: WPE Senior Officer
- Position directly supervises: None
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: Caseworkers, AG Assistant, WPE Manager, Drivers
- External: Community leaders, Municipalities, service providers
The requirements should establish a baseline (minimum) for educational background, previous work experience, professional knowledge or certification, specific skills and strengths and any other skill necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- At least six months experience working or volunteering in direct contact with community members
- Ability to engage with community members in an open manner, maintain confidentiality and respect.
- Clear understanding of gender inequality, and issues surrounding violence against women and girls.
- Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work overtime when necessary and be able to coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a member of a team essential.
- Fluency in Arabic
- INGO or NGO experience
- Ability to communicate in English
- Experience working with refugee population
- Skilled at using basic computer programs – Microsoft Word and Excel
Working Environment: The position will be based in Arsal. Security clearance will be obtained on a daily basis.
International Rescue Committee is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Copyright © International Rescue Committee, 2018
Share this job on your social network and with your friends
Subscribe to our Newsletter
International Rescue Committee (IRC)
22 Job Openings in Lebanon
As of 27 September 2020