Administrative Officer - Beirut
Requisition ID: req3204
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
ECD program administrative support
- Provide direct administrative support to ECD team including copying, dissemination of documents, preparation of expense reports, etc.
- Produce reports, collect information, compile data, and organize files as requested by the IECD Coordinator.
- Organize incoming documents to the ECD team members – checking file completion and prioritizing appropriately in order to follow up with the appropriate staff.
- Book travel arrangements (flights, accommodations, and transportation) as requested by the IECD Coordinator.
Schedule and meeting management
- Maintain detailed schedule management for IECD Coordinator and ECD team, including local and international travel.
- Coordinate with relevant regional and HQ ECD staff to schedule all necessary calls/meetings with IRC ECD technical unit, Regional Project Director Sesame Seeds, and Sesame Workshop staff.
- Attend meetings as requested to take notes, produce minutes, and follow up on actions as needed.
- Maintain and circulate organized meeting notes.
Visitor Management and Event Coordination
- Manage and maintain detailed visit schedules for all incoming visitors.
- Maintain detailed visitor tracking log for all program sites.
- Liaise with security and relevant units for visitor logistics.
- In coordination with the ECD team and relevant colleagues ensure that all visits have needed documents and briefing notes.
- Whenever applicable, ensure high-level visits follow appropriate protocol.
Focal point with Shared Services Unit, Finance, and Supply Chain
- In coordination with Shared Services Unit:
- Ensure office equipment is stocked with required supplies (toner, paper etc.) for IRC and Sesame workshop team
- Organize ECD team members’ staff and/or external meetings, local and abroad conferences, and workshops, including venue logistics, travel, and transportation Coordinate international staff benefits (e.g., housing, security)
- In coordination with Finance and Supply Chain:
- Support IECD Coordinator to maintain project management tools, systems, and document storage.
- Other tasks as assigned by the IECD Coordinator.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Integrated ECD Coordinator.
- Position supervises: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: Finance, Supply Chain, Logistics, and Administrative staff; regional, in-country, and HQ ECD staff.
- External: Sesame Workshop regionally based staff, all visitors
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Business Management, or any related relevant field.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in office administration or office management.
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual.
- Ability to improvise and be flexible when needed.
- Ability to work and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills, flexibility, integrity, and ability to multi-task in fast-paced working environment while maintaining attention to detail.
- Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Fluency in English and Arabic, oral and written.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, 365, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supply chain (including procurement and logistics) procedures.
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with budgets and using a budget software.
- Master degree in Business Administration, Business Management, or any related relevant field.
- Experience within INGO or multi-national firm.
- Experience with organizational software
- Standard office work environment.
- Position is based in Beirut, Lebanon.
International Rescue Committee is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Copyright © International Rescue Committee, 2018
Share this job on your social network and with your friends
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.
Our mission: to alleviate suffering, poverty, and oppression by helping people build secure, productive, and just communities.