Business and Data Analyst
Geneva, Switzerland, with some travel to the field
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) works worldwide to provide humanitarian assistance to people affected by conflict and armed violence. We take action in response to emergencies and at the same time promote respect for international humanitarian law. We are an independent and neutral organization, and our mandate stems essentially from the Geneva Conventions of 1949. We work closely with National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and with their International Federation in order to ensure a concerted, rational and rapid humanitarian response to the needs of the victims of armed conflict or any other situation of internal violence. We direct and coordinate the international activities conducted in these situations.
The new Digital Humanitarian Platform will enable its users (people in need of humanitarian assistance) to self-register, manage their data in a simple and secure way, and access digital humanitarian services provided by the ICRC and its partners, through a web application and a mobile App. This Platform should also enable its users:
– to register their contacts and communicate securely with them;
– to securely communicate and share information with the ICRC;
– to secure and retrieve a digitized copy of personal documents;
– to access contextual information as aid
– to access specific digital humanitarian services delivered by the ICRC and its partners:
– to register as humanitarian service providers or digital volunteers.
We are looking for a Business and Data Analyst to join the team responsible for the creation of the Digital Humanitarian Platform. The position aims at completing the Challenge team with strong Data analytics, Data architecture and modeling, as well as Business Analysis competencies and methodologies throughout the lifecycle of the Challenge.
The challenge team is in charge of delivering a number of Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) to test a new Digital Platform for people affected by conflict and violence in areas where ICRC operates.
The Business and Data Analyst will design the “as is” business processes and data model of the specific services, and also design the “to be” business processes and data model and workflows to deliver/integrate specific individual services though the Platform. He/She will describe the change required in the business processes and data workflows, engage with the key business and technical stakeholders to change their processes and workflows as necessary and coach, train and supervise the key business and technical support units in managing this change.
The Business and Data Analyst understands the strategic data & analytical needs of the Digital Humanitarian Platform and supports decision making processes with data and analytics to enable métier leadership to make evidence-based decisions. He/She supervises, directs and produces métiers data & analytics technical deliverables, ensuring adequate level of quality products.
During the development phase of the MVPs, the Business and Data Analyst will participate to all development sprints with the purpose of improving/simplifying the business and data workflows/processes for its users but also for the staff supporting the platform users, as well as ensuring appropriate testing is performed. He/She will define and adapt with the business units and field delegations the KPIs to be measured during the deployment of the MVP and its related services,and design the system to produce statistics feeding KPIs based upon data generated by the MVP (Minimum Viable Product).
- Understands and document business and data requirements by conducting brainstorming sessions, interviews, workshops, etc.
- Designs the AS IS and TO BE Data Model and architecture, business processes and workflows, as well as the data specific requirements for the Platform and the services the platform integrate and deliver.
- Contributes to the optimization of processes for data entry, validation, analysis and modelling as well as visualization and communication of deliverables.
- Participates to sprints during the development of the Platform solution, fully integrated with the Solution Development Team.
- Contributes to the setting of the overall testing strategy. Leads and validates technical tests (User Acceptance tests) for the Solution..
- Proposes solutions, guidance and improvements on data management, data and analytics deliverables and business intelligence
- Ensures best practice is adhered to in terms of data entry and management in general.
- Assists in developing & applying data quality monitoring tools (dashboards etc) and contributes to driving the data quality, as well as to the reporting and performance and KPI analysis.
- Provides support during handover and training of users in concerned business units delegations and the ICT Division (operations handover)
- Head of Project, Digital Humanitarian Platform
- University degree (or equivalent experience) in a relevant field like data science, engineering, statistics or related field.
- 10+ years of professional experience in the field of data analytics or data management, and Business analysis
- Experience with Digital Solutions is an asset
- English, French: fluent.
- Spanish : an asset
- Excellent analytical, synthetic and communication skills
- Good understanding of personal data protection principles
- Will to travel to areas affected by armed conflict where the ICRC is active
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- Working rate: 100%
- Starting date:01.04.2020 or ASAP
- Location: Geneva, Switzerland, with some travel to the field
- Length of assignment: open ended
- Application deadline: 9.02.2020
Share this job on your social network and with your friends
Subscribe to our Newsletter
UN Job Openings at the General Services Category as of 12 August 2021
55 new jobs openings with the “Première Urgence Internationale” As of 10 July 2021