|Posting Title:||HEATING, VENTILATION AND A/C ASSISTANT, G5|
|Job Code Title:||HEATING, VENTILATION AND A/C ASSISTANT|
|Department/Office:||United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon|
|Posting Period:||30 October 2017 – 28 November 2017|
|Job Opening Number:||17-Facilities Management-UNIFIL-87854-R-Naqoura (M)|
To use UNJobAid assistance service
please read through our web page
Recruitment against this position is on a local basis; applicants in the General Service category shall meet the relevant employment requirements of the host country (Lebanon), including fulfilling visa or work permit stipulations. If you fulfill the visa and work permit stipulations for Lebanon, please specify in your cover letter and attach a copy of your visa and work permit under ‘attachments” of your application in Inspira.
Org. Setting and Reporting
This position is located in HVAC Unit / Engineering Services Section, United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL), Naqoura. The incumbent will report to the Chief Electro-Mechanical unit (Electrical / HVAC unit supervisor) or his/her designate.
– Liaise frequently with the Building Management Unit Supervisor to perform all tasks related to HVAC and refrigeration works in the mission including installation of new systems as well as maintenance of existing systems.
– Ensure that HVAC works meet the safety and environmental standards in accordance with international codes and regulations.
– Install, maintain, service and repair HVAC, refrigeration (including freezers), industrial kitchen equipment, kitchen appliances, industrial and domestic gas equipment.
– Perform surveys and prepare technical reports, drawing and material quantities.
– Design simple installations.
– Prepare material specifications for the purpose of raising requisitions.
– Provide lists of items / spare parts required as well as tools and equipment in advance of defects occurring.
– Monitor tools, equipment and spare parts inventory ensuring the use of items and spare parts in the most productive manner.
– Liaise with the relevant engineer for expert advice on HVAC and other engineering sub-units for HVAC related work.
– Provide instructions on end-user care and servicing of HVAC and refrigeration equipment.
– Train end-user’s technicians in the proper operation, upkeep, general maintenance of HVAC and other equipment.
– Monitor adequate supply of spare parts for routine scheduled maintenance, as well as maintenance of log books, records and spare parts consumption records.
– Provide input for data entries in the asset control database immediately after receipt, repair, overhaul, transfer and disposal of equipment.
– Perform other duties when required including emergency call-out and standby duties; work on assignments for emergency breakdowns; follow up on ongoing projects during evening or early mornings of normal working days as well as during holidays and / or weekends.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
•Professionalism: Knowledge of relevant UN rules, regulations, administrative procedures, policies and directives, and of inventory and control guidelines, directives and procedures. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations;
Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
•Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
•Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
High School diploma or equivalent is required. Supplementary courses in HVAC or other appropriate specialty are desirable.
A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in commercial and industrial HVAC and refrigeration installations is required.
Experience of heavy-duty kitchen appliance and central cooling plants is desirable.
A valid national driving license is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include a technical test, which may be followed by competency-based interview.
United Nations Considerations
According to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the United Nations, the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity, including but not limited to, respect for international human rights and humanitarian law. Candidates may be subject to screening against these standards, including but not limited to, whether they have committed or are alleged to have committed criminal offences or violations of international human rights law and international humanitarian law.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The United Nations places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the At-a-Glance on “The Application Process” and the Instructional Manual for the Applicants, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The screening and evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications, including but not limited to, their education, work experience, and language skills, according to the instructions provided on inspira. Applicants will be disqualified from consideration if they do not demonstrate in their application that they meet the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations. Applicants are solely responsible for providing complete and accurate information at the time of application: no amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to a reference-checking process to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at midnight (New York time) on the deadline date.