Iraq, Norwegian Refugee Council
Employer:Norwegian Refugee Council
Title:Finance Officer (National Position)
Percentage of full-time:100
Duties and responsibilities
- Support and Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at area level
- Looking after and management of the Cash and Bank management of the area office, including the forecasting.
- Management of the bank account of Area office. And making the forecast for the projected data.
- Make sure that financial internal controls are in place while the banking and cash system is working.
- Post the entries on daily basis to Agresso. Make sure that Data has proper correct codes and as per the project documents.
- Prepare the regular Agresso Bank reconciliations for all the balance sheet items.
- Proper close of the projects and year end close.
- Enter the Agresso rebooking, and keeping proper record of it.
- Devise a system so that all the vouchers are safely preserved.
- Train the staff on the Agresso and excel tools.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 2 years’ work experience from working as a Finance officer in a humanitarian/recovery context will be preferred.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency of English and Arabic is required
- University degree in equivalent fields
- Knowledge about keeping the bank accounts and record keeping
- Knowledge & experience of working in Agresso accounting system
- Past experience of working in middle-east or Iraq
- Other languages are plus
Contract Duration: 12 months( with the possibility of extension subject to funds)
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions.
Duty station: Nineveh.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
NRC is an equal opportunity employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
For full position details please click on Job Description
LocationMosul, 42002 MosulIraq
Ansam Isam JasimHR Officer
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.