Job Title : Service Translator/Close Protection Officer
Department : Security
Supervisor’s Title : Safety and Risk Manager
Location : Kabul, Afghanistan
About FHI 360
FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
The Advancing Higher Education for Afghanistan’s Development (AHEAD) program supports the government of Afghanistan and its Ministry of Higher Education to increase access to higher education for vulnerable populations, improve the quality and relevance of higher education that supports market needs, and enhance the management and administrative capacity of Afghan higher education institutions (HEIs) and government counterparts. The five-year activity builds upon the results of USAID’s previous higher education investments and accelerates human and institutional capacity through a network approach whereby Afghan HEIs are partnered with Lead Universities across key growth sectors including Agriculture, Business, Education and Health. AHEAD’s Higher Education Networks involve a larger number of institutions and a broader set of activities than traditional university-to-university partnerships, providing a mechanism for strengthening Afghan HEI capacity, and promoting channels of communication and collaboration across the ecosystem of public and private HEIs in five Afghan provinces.
The Service Translator/Close Protection Officer is a full-time, professional position located at the AHEAD project office in Kabul. The incumbent will be a Close Protection Officer for FHI 360 AHEAD activities relating to the Project in Kabul. In time of need, the incumbent will travel to provinces as well.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist expat staff walking to and from the office to engage with the neighborhood community and alert them to any concerns.
- Assist expat staff while travelling in vehicles, if they are stopped at checkpoints, need translation, directions or any other assistance.
- Advice expats when the roads are not safe or if there are other concerns.
- Collaborate with drivers and logistics officers.
- Give briefs to clients while they are going out of the office.
- Other responsibilities and tasks as assigned by the position supervisor or project leadership.
- High School Graduate / Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- At least 4 – 5 years relevant experience with USAID project or other international NGOs
- Able to speak primary English.
- Should have Security Training Certificates
- Familiar with organization rules and policies.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to work effectively, both, independently and in a team unit
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.