Job Title : Driver
Number of Positions: 6
Department : Transportation
Supervisor’s Title : Senior Transportation Officer
Location : Kabul, Afghanistan
About FHI 360
FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Advancing Higher Education for Afghanistan’s Development (AHEAD). The purpose of AHEAD is to improve employability of professional Afghan men and women through tertiary education programs and to generate workforce skills based on market-driven needs in Afghanistan. This includes initiatives to improve the academic, administrative, resources and management functions of universities for enhanced support to students and faculty members and university administrations. Tertiary education includes what is commonly understood as academic education but also includes advanced vocational or professional education. This may include public or private universities, colleges, research institutes, training institutes, including teacher training institutes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures that the assigned vehicle is well maintained and clean.
- Checks the vehicle’s condition/requirements and fills in the Vehicle Log Book correctly and completely
- Ensures that proper maintenance and servicing of the assigned vehicle takes place on day-to-day basis and reports to supervisors on time
- Ensures that the rules and regulations of the organization are completely followed, in case of involvement in an accident, report immediately to the supervisor.
- Willing to work on rotated work schedule i.e. on day shift duty and night duty as per the Office assigned schedule
- Drives vehicles for the transportation of goods and supplies, and project personnel. Picks up and delivers materials and supplies as requested by different departments.
- Is responsible for the loading and unloading of the goods and supplies transported;
- Delivers and collects mail, documents and other items as instructed by the supervisor;
- Drives a pool vehicle for the transportation of authorized personnel;
- Ensure that he vehicle is kept in clean and safe conditions at all times
- Reports any vehicle issues to the supervisor.
- Reports any accidents without delay to project supervisor and Director of Operations
- Other responsibilities and tasks as assigned by the position supervisor or project leadership.
- High School Graduate
- At least three years driving experience with USAID project or other international NGOs
- Holding updating Afghanistan driving license
- Able to speak primary English
- Familiar with organization transport rules and policies
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to work effectively, both, independently and in a team unit
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.