DRC Jobs in Syria
Supply Chain Officer - Procurement
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified individual to fill-in the vacancy Supply Chain officer – Procurement to work in Damascus under employment contract
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been actively operating in Syria since 2008 mainly supporting refugees. In June 2012, DRC was authorized by the Syrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) to expand its humanitarian efforts and provide assistance to IDPs and the vulnerable resident population countrywide. Since then, DRC activities have been focused on NFI distributions, Shelter, WASH, Protection, Education, Livelihoods and Mine Risk Education in six Governorates (Damascus, Rural Damascus, Dara’a, Aleppo, Hama, and Homs). While Protection/community service activities are provided to beneficiaries throughout our six Community Centers.
Overview of the Tasks:
Tasks in Details:
- Procure all materials and equipment ordered by the projects in a cost-effective and transparent manner in line with DRC and donor specific policies, in collaboration with the Team Leader -Supply Chain – Procurement.
- Ensure that all order requests, purchase orders, RFQ and ITBs are tracked from point of planning and request through to final receipt. Regularly review, update and share the databases and trackers to the Team Leader -Supply Chain – Procurement.
- Prepare the RFQ and ITB relevant documents, as well as TOC (tender) reports for tender committee review.
- Participate in evaluation of bids and proposals and make sure the bids evaluation report, technical evaluation, minutes of negotiations and negotiated contract in selection of consultants contain all the facts and information required to justify the recommendations made in the report.
- Preparation of contracts and amendments of contracts when needed.
- Participate in the joint verification of procured goods and equipment and to ascertain the items conformity to Technical Specifications and Quantities.
- Maintain a database on all procurement activities for a project and/or region.
- Provide procurement planning support to the programme staff as required.
- Provide data to monitor and evaluate the overall procurement performance in support of the programs;
- Liaise with suppliers to create realistic delivery schedules and compare actual deliveries in order to evaluate supplier performance and responsiveness.
- Constantly search the market for new suppliers that may provide better service or value for money for DRC.
- Initiate strategic sourcing for frequently purchased items to ensure framework agreements with the suppliers and service providers are in place;
- Ensure procurement files are accurate and records are in compliance to DRC and donor procurement policies, filing system is properly established, all soft copies and hard copies of procurement files are accessible and manageable by auditors;
- Knowledge Transfer for procurement assistant(s), provide support and training, promote friendly and professional working environment, ensure staff development and learning environment; ensure staff performance appraisals are reviewed regularly and conducted as per DRC HR policies and procedures;
- Prepare and submit payments of suppliers to finance on a timely manner;
- Screen the suppliers in anti-terrorism databases;
- Ensure the non-winning suppliers receive notification from DRC about the status of their bids;
- Accomplish and maintain all Procurement Data on ERP System.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have
- University Degree
- Minimum three years of work experience two of which in applying standard procurement procedures.
- Advanced MS office computer programs
- Very good command of both Arabic and English languages.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Contract Length: Contract Length: up to six months contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
Due to legal requirements, we are only allowed to consider applicants with Syrian or Syrian Palestinian nationality
Interested? Then apply for this position, go to
And click on “Apply for position”.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: the 22nd of January 2019.
Need further information?
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process. Visit drc.ngo to read more about what we do to secure robust safeguarding mechanisms.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
The objectives of the Centre, as stated by its mandate, are to provide information and communication technology (ICT) services (including training) on an inter-organizational basis.