The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
Operating since 2004 in Lebanon, DRC has addressed the needs and rights of vulnerable populations, working initially with Palestinian refugees (since 2004), Iraqi refugees (2007-2010), Lebanese IDPs (during the 2006 conflict), migrant domestic workers (since 2009) and, since 2011, responding to the Syrian refugee crisis.
DRC Lebanon is currently delivering programming in protection, housing, infrastructure, basic assistance, livelihoods, and community development interventions. This myriad of programming seeks to address the needs of displacement affected communities. DRC has five offices spread throughout Lebanon in, Beirut, the Bekaa, Saida, Tripoli and Qobayat.
About the job
Under the supervision of Team Leader HR and Administration, the HR and Administration Officer is responsible of the general administration and HR related issues to Akkar Office, North of Lebanon as below:
– Responsible of the process of Recruitment of staff, Volunteers, Trainers, and Daily workers… and insure full transparent procedure;
– Update DRC Dynamics for employee’s information, add benefits and compensation, leaves, reporting lines, on boarding and exiting procedures…
– Follow up on DRC staff registration on NSSF for new comer and the end of service indemnity procedures for leaves in coordination with Beirut HR and ensure the compliance of the family / school allowances procedures and its application in the payroll;
– Prepare the monthly calculation of the salary payroll and issue pay slips for staff;
– Assist in the termination process of the staff and in the preparations of warnings;
– Handle complaints, advice staff / management and consult the team Leader;
– Supervise subordinates and prepare Daily / weekly / monthly plans and conduct performance and evaluation and development plans;
– Prepare HR reports in coordination with the Team Leader;
– Prepare contracts of premises and accommodation for expats on time and take care of accommodation arrangements for visitors;
– Supervise general administration of the Office in addition to the Admin store of the store and keep track of all office supplies and assist in the reservation of the meeting room and supervise its asset and equipment;
– Take care of insurance for staff and provide needed support in urgent cases as well as for DRC properties;
To be successful in this role you will have Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Management, HR or related fields, knowledge / Trainings in Lebanese labor law. We are also looking for the following:
• At least 2 year of experience in Admin HR field
• Previous experience in supervising a team
• Previous experience with NGO
• Microsoft Office
• Knowledge in Payroll systems
• Knowledge in ERP system
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: 6 months, renewable subject to performance and funding
Monthly Basic Salary 1650 USD
Duty Station: Qobayat
Start date: Mid-January 2019 (estimated)
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact email@example.com.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or go to www.drc.ngo under current vacancies.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email to Dolene Khairallah will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 17 January 2019
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.