DRC Jobs in Jordan
Project Officer-Site Supervisor
Wadi Gharaba / Madaba
- Jointly with the Team Leader work on explaining the project to the authorities, local communities and other stakeholders ensuring buy-in and support for the project objectives;
- Take the lead in identification of interested cash for workers on the project site as well as organize their contracts;
- Provide daily supervision, support and motivation to cash for workers, including ensuring proper utilization of the attendance sheets;
- Ensure site and worker’s security is guaranteed at all times;
- Support in providing bi-weekly cash payments to the cash for workers;
- Work closely with the project IM and MEAL team to ensure up to date and accurate data on the cash for workers is provided to the project team leader;
- Maintain positive, respectful and constructive relationship with local communities as well as authorities around the project site;
- Maintain a positive, respectful and constructive professional relationship with the Jordan Birdwatch Association and consult them on all technical matters related to the work accomplished by the cash for workers on the Wadi Gharaba site conservation;
- Ensure cash for workers are well informed of their rights and responsibilities and hold regular meetings with them to anticipate any challenges;
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area (e.g. economics, environmental conservation, development studies, Business) advantageous or a combination of a business related university degree and additional relevant experience.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role working with an international or national humanitarian organizations;
- Experience working on cash for work and livelihood projects;
- Strong local knowledge of the Wadi Gharaba/Balqa governorate area;
- Willingness to be present daily on the project site;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to foster communication and negotiation among local stakeholders;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Basic computer skills.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
The objectives of the Centre, as stated by its mandate, are to provide information and communication technology (ICT) services (including training) on an inter-organizational basis.