The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation
DRC projects in the Irbid required to have a driver in order to facilitate the staff movements from and to the office to different sites in the field and do a part of Logistics tasks under the direct supervision of the Support Services Team Leader .
About the job
The individual will report directly to Support Services Team Leader. Your main duties and responsibilities will be: Collecting quotations for all supplies
• Drive organization vehicles from 8:30 am until 04:360 pm.
• Maintain the company vehicles and ensure that any problems associated with the vehicles are immediately reported to the Support Services Team Leader.
• Maintain organization vehicle logs.
• Check and key track of water, oil and other vehicle levels daily.
• Ensure the organization vehicle is clean and presentable.
• Purchase office supplies, pay office bills and/or any other logistic task requested.
Required / Desirable
• 4 years of professional driving experience
• Experience Working with an NGO operating in Jordan
• Previous experience driving in Irbid
• Fluent in written and spoken Arabic / Good in written and spoken English
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: 6 month contract including three months as probation period, renewable based on both funding and performance.
Designation of Duty Station: Irbid
Start date: As Soon As Possible
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 8 January 2019
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.