DRC Jobs in Syria
Head of Support Services
Overall purpose of the role:
This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
- Operationally and strategically responsible for Finance, Human Resources, Supply Chain, Administration and/or IT.
- Oversees, develops and provides strategic direction to his/her support areas.
- Lead and manage the support managers (including people planning, performance, well-being and development)
- Manage, deliver and report on current operations programme support in geographic scope
- Establish high performing support teams ensuring high-quality approaches are maintained
- Develop and improve operational approaches, compliance and systems, and support the Regional/Country Director to build and deliver effective and sustainable interventions.
- Responsible for the strategic development, management and implementation of the support operations
- Ensure appropriate technical support is available to programs, in line with organizational priorities
- Ensure support for annual planning and review processes
- Direct responsibility for ensuring that the DRC Programme operates in accordance with DRC’s support function guidelines
- Support the Country/Regional Director and the Senior Management Team in liaising with donors and authorities, especially as relates to issues of compliance, registration, and audit
- Oversee the operational support units for the country/region by providing strategic leadership and technical support to the areas under his/her supervision
- Supervision, audits and controlling and implementation of corrective actions related to DRC’s operational standards within support area.
- Ensure that DRC retains and continually develops its operational capacity to provide rapid emergency response in particular within its procurement and transport systems
- Develop a risk management plan for the country that identifies the major financial and operational risks and implement a mitigation strategy
- Ensure that all administrative and legal-related systems are accurate and maintained
- Work to build the capacity of the operational support staff throughout the operation though frequent in-service training sessions and mentoring support
- Contribute to the development and implementation of DRC’s global development initiatives
DRC Dynamics ERP System
- Ensure ERP functionality is properly used by relevant staff
- Apply reports and data analytics from DRC Dynamics to improve overall performance
- Act as heavy user for most of the Projects & Finance functionalities
Experience and technical competencies:
- At least 7 years’ experience in relevant field
- At least 4 years’ experience with people management
- Experience in a similar role in an international NGO
- Proven leadership skills and a competence in people management
- Proven operational management experience and capability, including in conflict areas
- Proven significant financial, information and systems management experience
- Significant experience in procurement and tender processes
- Understanding and experience of institutional fundraising
- Understanding of the countries in which DRC operates and sensitive to the cultural context
- Experience working in an ERP system, including
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Arabic speaking candidates are strongly desired
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values
Contract length: 24 months
Employment category: E band
Unit/department: Support Services
Location: Damascus with frequent travel to the field
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
DRC will short-list CVs on rolling basis and reserves the right to close the vacancy at any time before the deadline, applications are welcomed as fast as posible.
Application deadline: 13 March 2020
Applications sent by email will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact our job support at drc.ngo/jobsupport.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
Read more here about what our employees say about working in DRC.
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process. Visit drc.ngo to read more about what we do to secure robust safeguarding mechanisms.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
UN Job Openings in the Management and Administrations Fields. jobs Advertised in the week of 21-28 July 2022
Human Rights Watch defends the rights of people in 90 countries worldwide, spotlighting abuses and bringing perpetrators to justice
UN Job Openings, Information and Telecommunication Technology Network, advertised on the week of 21-27 July 2022
UN Job Openings in the Information and Telecommunication Technology Network advertised on the week of 21-27 July 2022.