DRC Jobs in Syria
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified individual to fill in the vacancy of Finance Officer to work in Damascus under an employment contract
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
About the job
- Provide support to all financial issues regarding DRC Syria program in close coordination with Finance specialist and Finance Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that payment documents comply with DRC internal financial procedures and donor regulations
- Ensure all expenses enter the DRC Dynamics in time and of highest quality
- Ensure to update cashbooks on a daily basis to reflect the actual status of existing cash count and bank balance in all currencies
- Ensure all bank accounts statements are reconciled
- Ensure proper filing system for financial documents
- Bi-Weekly Cash Book
- Monthly stock update
- Monthly financial report (with all supporting documentation attached to it)
- Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in area of concern
- Conduct regular cash reconciliations.
- Responsible to deal with all the accounts of the organization and settles all matter of banks.
- Support finance assistant in Hawala company issues.
- Prepare for and support internal and external financial audits.
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have
- Relevant university degree (Finance, Economics, Business Administration)
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience in financial/accounting field.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English languages
- Good Microsoft Office skills- Advanced Excel
- Relevant experience with non-governmental organizations
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Contract Length: up to six months contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
Interested? Then apply for this position, go to
And click on “Apply for position”.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: the 27th of August 2020.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
Read more here about what our employees say about working in DRC.
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process. Visit drc.ngo to read more about what we do to secure robust safeguarding mechanisms.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Information and Telecommunication Technology Professional Jobs with the United Nations As of 17 October 2022
Information and Telecommunication Technology P Category Jobs with the United Nations As of 17 October 2022 – Multiple Locations
The NGO SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL assists populations affected by conflicts and violence, epidemics, natural or climate-related disasters and economic collapse.