DRC Jobs in Nigeria
Community Liaison Team Leader
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
DRC has been operating in the West Africa region for over 15 years, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) Guinea, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Nigeria and a Regional Office (RO) in Abidjan. DRC has 17 offices and more than 500 staff members across the WA region.
DRC started operating in Nigeria in 2015 where plans to run a combination of emergency, livelihood, WASH, protection and advocacy programmes has been set. DRC currently has offices in Abuja, Yola, Mubi, Maiduguri and planning to run an office in Yobe, besides 50 staff members subject to increase in near future.
- Assist NTS Manager in the identification of areas for NTS processes through desk studies
- Assist the NTS & RE Manager in the planning of Community Liaison tasks
- Implement NTS processes in compliance with relevant SOPs and guidelines, including desk research, individual interviews, focus group discussions, key stakeholders interviews and reporting
- Directly supervise Community Liaison teams under his/her responsibility and ensure compliance with timelines, deadlines, and quality standards and SOPs
- Identify needs for training and capacity building of community Liaisonteams and share with NTS & RE Manager
- Understand and follow all safety SOPs in Nigeria and communicate any change on the security situation to the NTS Manager and Safety team
- Establish and maintain working relations with local, Ward and LGA authorities and with communities of intervention
- Establish working relations and regular Communications with security stakeholders (pólice, military, civil defense, vigilantes) in the areas of operations
- Ensure and maintain the equipment in good condition and report any damage to NTS Manager
- Previous experience in Risk education & IED training(at least 2 years – mandatory)
- Previous experience in conducting interviews and surveys
- At least one year experience in team management
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent communication skills
- At least one year experience in community mobilisation
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent ability to work in team
- Reporting skills
- Excellent communication is an asset
- Excellent Computer skills
Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
How to apply
The position is for NIGERIAN NATIONALS ONLY.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to recruiting manager.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
Deadline date:17/5/2019 Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- CV will be shortlisted on a rolling basis
“DRC-DDG Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.”
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult: www.drc.dk
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
Read more here about what our employees say about working in DRC.
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process. Visit drc.ngo to read more about what we do to secure robust safeguarding mechanisms.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
UN Job Opening TEAM ASSISTANT, G4 Duty Station: BEIRUT, LEBANON Posting Period: 21 May 2019 – 19 June 2019 Job
UN Job Opening AIR OPERATIONS ASSISTANT, G5 Duty Station: NAQOURA, LEBANON Posting Period: 15 May 2019 – 13 June 2019