DRC Jobs in Lebanon
Protection Officer (People With Specific needs)
About the job
Supervision of the daily protection activities while ensuring the quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of all technical aspects of the protection activities being implemented by DRC. Develop and maintain good relations with the persons of concern, relevant stakeholders and other humanitarian actors, to support adequate implementation and coordination of DRC’s sector activities.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Programming & Operations
- Under the management of the Protection Team Leader, ensure effective time management, planning and implementation of programme activities; efficiently manage the time and schedule of team members in mobile and center-based locations, including leave and holiday plannin
- Monthly auditing of filing procedures and Bi-weekly review and auditing of open cases using case supervision tools and develop systems for regular supervision of case management
- Ensure that all spaces where activities are implemented meet interagency standards for safe spaces whether mobile or static, and feed into the drafting of the relevant MoUs
- Supervise the daily work of protection assistants and ensure the quality provision of protection services in compliance with best-practice and DRC’s guidelines
- Does not have direct line management responsibility for staff, but may contribute to recruitment and/or performance appraisal of members of the team
- Supervise team members in adherence with DRC’s supervision framework; hold weekly team meetings to discuss challenges and successes faced in implementation and bi-monthly individual feedback sessions with team members to provide guidance, constructive feedback and discuss opportunities for improvement;
- Provide age and gender appropriate and specialized technical guidance to protection assistants. Train and coach all newly recruited protection assistant especially on case management process, the relevant SOPs and the data filing and storing procedures including the usage of Primero and CPIMS.
- Remain abreast of SOPs and best practices at the field, on the national and global level. In addition, ensure all protection assistant are familiar, practice and adhere to International and national protection standards and SoP
- Conduct field visit and spot check, and hold inter-agency case conference meetings for high-risk cases when needed and upon request
- Act as inter-agency focal point of the protection hubs, receive and respond to referrals (internal and external) in a timely manner whilst prioritizing cases according to risk level. Provide feedback on referral status to referring parties;
- Manage received referrals from different agencies assign, follow-up on action plans
- Produce monthly reports and support the team leader in submitting internal and donor reports as per schedule and initiate and follow up on procurements and ensure their execution
- Monitor the progress of project targets against indicators on a weekly basis and support the monitoring of financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow-up
To be successful in this role we expect you to have a Bachelor/Degree in Social work, Counseling, psychology or other related field. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- 3 years of experience as protection assistant or 1 year as protection officer or 2 years of practical experience in protection area working for an INGO
- 2 years of experience in working in the humanitarian sector and/or with NGOs in Lebanon
- Excellent knowledge of Protection minimum standards and basic principles
- Valid Driver’s License (Lebanese)
- Master degree in social work and/or psychology
- Previous experience working with Syrian refugees in Lebanon is preferred
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: Till 31 December 2020
Band/Level: H1 – salary equivalent to 1900 USD (depending on years of experience)
Duty Station: NOL
Start date: First of September 2020
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
Read more here about what our employees say about working in DRC.
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process. Visit drc.ngo to read more about what we do to secure robust safeguarding mechanisms.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
UN Job Openings, Professional and Higher Categories, As of 23 January 2021
UN Job Openings, General Services Categories, As of 19 January 2021