DRC Jobs in Beirut, Lebanon
The Finance Specialist is dedicated to the MADAD LINKED Consortium, a Consortium funded by the EUTF (MADAD) and implemented by 4 NGOs (DRC, Mercy Corps, OXFAM and Al Majmoua) with the objective to contribute to sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic development in Lebanon. He/she is sought by DRC, the Consortium Lead, to join a Consortium Management Unit (CMU) which ensure that the core functions of the programme are carried out in a timely and effective manner. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Provide Financial Management of the consortia and partnerships to ensure strong budget management among the partners and compile and deliver financial reports on consortia financial situation
- Review and process partner payment requests and financial reports, perform verifications, support with issues based on financial review, sign-off on final versions, and ensure reports are submitted to HQ on time
- Update monthly top-line and quarterly financial tracking tools for the Consortium Management Unit and provide support for the Grant Management meeting, at Consortium and DRC levels
- Support the CMU in the Consortium Technical Working Group meetings composed of focal points from each organization (Economic Recovery, MEAL, Finance, Communication, Advocacy, Heads of Programmes etc. depending on priorities) to provide technical support and guidance to consortium organizations in the timely and quality implementation of the programme.
- Provide Compliance oversight for the consortium, ensuring awareness and adherence of EU regulations, staying abreast of changes in regulatory environment related to donor/ grant compliance (with updates to guidance to partners as needed)
- Review partner procurement and program transactions, contracts and other documents for compliance requirements, including anti-fraud and diversion, and ensure these requirements are met
- Prepare and maintain internal and donor compliance-related reports
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of compliance-related partnership information requests to the donor, DRC HQ and/or other key stakeholders
- Support Grants teams to ensure sub-grant agreements are issued, managed and monitored in accordance with sub-grant regulations
- In partnership with Grants team members, ensure programming complies with DRC procedures on sub-grant management, including ensuring all relevant information is updated in DRC financial system
- Support follow-up on all sub-grant compliance issues, audits and document resolutions
To be successful in this role we expect you to have a high level of financial planning, compliance, budgeting management, partnership management and strong coordination and communication skills to support the (consortia) partners and ensure effective and efficient financial management for the consortia and partnerships. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- At least 3 years of experience in finance management roles, including accounting, internal/external audit
- Experience working for a leading INGO, with in depth knowledge of donor requirements, especially ECHO, EC, DFID, DANIDA, OFDA, BPRM, UNHCR and UNICEF
- Demonstrable strategic thinking and leadership ability
- Experience with financial and grant management systems
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with a well-developed ability to motivate and persuade at high levels
- Proven ability to lead and work effectively with others to achieve results
- Understanding and experience of institutional fundraising
- Confident & proficient in the use of MS Office, and advanced Excel proficiency.
- 2 year valid lebanese driver license is mandatory
- Experience working with Consortium’s and partnerships (preferable)
- A postgraduate degree or advanced professional qualification in Finance (Advanced Certificate in Accounting and Finance, Certificate in Business Accounting, etc.) (preferable)
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 12 months
Duty Station: Beirut
Start date: October/November 1st, 2020
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact email@example.com
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 30th of September (interviews will take place on a rolling basis)
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
The programme assistant will support the further development and implementation of resource efficiency sub-programme with focus on the implementation of ‘EU4Environment’ project.
The focus of the position is on overall coordination and management of water and sanitation projects in Nepal.
UN Worldwide Job Openings, All Categories,
Period from15 to 22 February 2021