DRC Jobs in Ethiopia/Djibouti
Team Leader- Support Services
Title: Team Leader- Support Services
Location: Bule Hora
Reports to: Area Manager
Band – G
Contract Duration: Until March 31, 2020
Posting date: May 3, 2019
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region, and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009. With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia and Djibouti, including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, gender based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Provide management support to DRC field operation by undertaking technical and practical tasks to lead key support staff to ensure operation of supply chain, human resources and administrative activities in accordance with the Operations Handbook and Program Manual, with adherence to donor guidelines.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Provide line management and leadership support to staff of Supply Chain, Finance, Human Resources and Administrative Services;
- Lead the development, timely and professional implementation of systems for each department/unit under Support Services to ensure they are effective, efficient, and compliance with DRC policies;
- Support the implementation of the Safety Protocol and assist to integrate sound safety practices so as to enhance the safety and security of staff, assets and programs and minimize operational risks;
- Actively identify issues and engage with the Area Manager and Support Services team in Addis Ababa to improve operations;
- Any other Support Services’ duties as assigned by the Area Manager;
- Supply Chain:
- Ensure implementation and quality of DRC’s supply chain systems and procedures, managing Supply Chain function to ensure timely and transparency of procurement and the compliance;
- Monitor procurement procedures, ensuring items are accounted for and quality/quantity controlled in stock reports and asset inventory management system;
- Develop and ensure effective controls over vehicles use and maintenance. Ensure Vehicle Logbook are implemented and reviewed regularly;
- Support the program teams in procurement planning to ensure timely delivery of project inputs and activities;
- Take overall responsibility for timely reporting that is required;
- Any other Supply Chain duties as assigned by the Area Manager;
- Lead internal HR duties, including tracking staff attendance, leave requests, gathering timesheets, filing contracts, and assisting in the preparation and updating of payroll database, ensure proper filing of contracts – including management of staff contracts, including contract renewals, amendments, exit clearances;
- Lead external HR duties, including posting vacancies, conducting recruitments, and drafting contracts;
- Lead the planning and delivery of all inductions and orientations for new staff in a timely manner, and for planning and tracking training and capacity building for staff;
- Any other HR duties as assigned by the Area Manager;
- Manage leases at field level and coordinates with the relevant staff to ensure the field office has valid leases and that payments to the lessors are done in a timely manner;
- Manage timely payment of utilities at the field level, including ensuring the payment of communications fees;
- Manage the travel arrangements of field staff and incoming visitors in coordination with Administrative staff in Addis Ababa;
- Any other Administration duties as assigned by the Area Manager;
- Ensure high quality day-to-day accounting of the field office’s spending. This will include, financial review of all order requests submitted by program and support staff to ensure eligible and well-informed spending, maintaining the field office’s cashbook, assuming cashier responsibilities, organizing and making all local payments, maintain a system for high quality verification of expenditures and supporting documentation, and maintain and monitor a system for accruals and outstanding payments all in accordance with DRC and donor rules and regulations;
- Ensure compliance with donor guidelines in the allocation of costs and management of funds;
- Support the Addis Ababa based finance team in the preparation of all financial reports and audits for grants at periodic intervals and submit them to Head of Finance and Administration for review;
- Lead monthly financial review meetings with budget holders and the Area Manager, and share minutes and analysis with the Area Manager and Addis Ababa senior management team;
- Provide strategic support, including projections and recommendations on financial matters to the Area Manager and Head of Support Services;
- Become well versed in all applicable local laws and regulations and interact with relevant local authorities accordingly when tasked by the Area Manager.
Any other Finance duties as assigned by the Area Manager;
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies: –
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Minimum of 5 year of relevant work experience, preferably with NGO experience and 2 years’ experience managing or coordinating teams;
- Experience and good understanding of supply chain management, HR management, finance, experience in conducting administrative tasks, including set up of filing systems;
- Excellent IT skills, experience in operating an ERP supply chain system is an advantage.
Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree in Procurement or Supply Chain Management, or a relevant related field.
Excellent English language skills both spoken and written. Oromifa language skills highly desired.
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the stated website no later than May 19, 2019.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.dk.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics
We encourage only qualified Ethiopian Nationals to apply. DRC considers all applicants based on merit.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
Read more here about what our employees say about working in DRC.
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process. Visit drc.ngo to read more about what we do to secure robust safeguarding mechanisms.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
48 UNDP Job Openings in HQ and other as of 28 May 2020
26 UNDP Jobs in Latin America and the Caribbean as of 27 May 2020