DRC Jobs in Ethiopia/Djibouti
Supply Chain Officer-Procurement
- Establish a rigorous, accountable, and transparent procurement system, compliant with the DRC Operations Handbook chapter on Procurement Management, local law, and donor requirements.
- Advocate with all program teams in the field for procurement planning, in line with DRC Operations Handbook and Area Performance Indicators (APIs), this includes leading the process of procurement planning and convening regular meetings with Program colleagues to provide feedback on planned purchases, committing to realistic timelines for delivery and implementation.
- Supervise all procurement processes and implement/reinforce a tracking system for all local and central procurement on behalf of program teams.
- Responsible for ensuring a weekly Procurement Tracking Table (PRTT) is updated and accurate, circulated on a weekly basis to Kampala and all Area Program, Finance, and Supply Chain colleagues.
- Ensure suppliers are vetted according to DRC policies and an updated supplier database exists with comments on performance and contract tracking.
- Ensure proper accounting, reporting, internal controls and maintenance/filing of records.
- Enforce a zero-tolerance policy regarding corruption and contribute to ensuring complaints are recorded and investigated appropriately, in line with the DRC Code of Conduct and Accountability Framework.
- Coordinate with Country Supply Chain Manager to ensure that all issues are reported and solutions are realized as the issues arise.
- To ensure proper human resources management of the logistics team – following up on evaluations, compensation / annual leave, disciplinary issues, recruitment etc as well as identifying areas for mentoring and build capacity of staff.
- To work closely with the logistics / procurement team, ensuring effective and efficient implementation whilst maintaining a comprehensive overview of all logistics and procurement tasks, roles and responsibilities
- Facilitate regular meetings in all field locations
- Oversee performance management, regular evaluations and setting of targets for personnel, support in staff morale and advancement
- To understand the DRC Dollo Program strategy and provide strategic input on improving effectiveness and efficiency
- Assist to identify logistics needs and respond with strong ideas and experience
- Follow human resource issues with the HR officer in Dollo ; Authorize payments on Logistics budget line
- Represent DRC in logistics meeting ; Be DRC focal point as needed
- Compile and prepare the logistics monthly activity/ fuel / stock report
- Prepare procurement plans with budget holders and Area Manager for new grants/ projects
- Prepare with the team and submit the monthly work plans
- Preferably experienced in Supply Chain Management or Logistics or another relevant field preferably with INGOs for at least 5 years
- Excellent proficiency in all MS-Office software applications;
- Strong planning, organizational and problem-solving skills with ability to work both independently and within a team in a demanding work environment.
- Excellent personnel management skills, including diplomacy, communication and negotiating skills;
- Experience in staff training and capacity building
- Results-oriented and demonstrated ability to build partnerships
- College Level Education – graduate in supply chain
- Trainings/Certificates in supply chain
- Fluency in written and spoken Amharic
- Strong English writing and communication skills
- Local language is an additional advantage
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process. Visit drc.ngo to read more about what we do to secure robust safeguarding mechanisms.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
UN Job Opening TEAM ASSISTANT, G4 Duty Station: BEIRUT, LEBANON Posting Period: 21 May 2019 – 19 June 2019 Job
UN Job Opening AIR OPERATIONS ASSISTANT, G5 Duty Station: NAQOURA, LEBANON Posting Period: 15 May 2019 – 13 June 2019