DRC Jobs in Ethiopia/Djibouti
Monitoring Evaluation Accountability
and Learning (MEAL) Officer
- Ensure full compliance with DRC’s Minimum Monitoring Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Standards in all projects implemented by the Bule Hora field office.
- Lead the development of MEAL components of project proposals, including the development of indicators and project-specific MEAL plans. MEAL plans and DIP will be developed in close collaboration with program teams and will be used to populate DRC’s Performance Monitoring Tracker (PMT), which will be used by the program and MEAL teams to provide monthly updates and analysis of progress against indicators.
- In close collaboration with the Addis Ababa-based MEAL Coordinator and the program team, develop sector-specific data collection tools and ensure their proper use by implementing teams. The position will ensure the timeliness and quality of data collection, and ensure all captured data is managed according to protection information management standards and best practices.
- In collaboration with the MEAL Coordinator, lead field-level assessments, including baseline, mid-term, end-line and post-distribution monitoring surveys.
- Produce monthly analysis reports with updates on the implementation status of all assigned projects. This will entail flagging areas of concern, developing recommendations for corrective actions to share with the Area Manager, implementing teams and MEAL Coordinator, and documenting lessons learned.
- In collaboration with the MEAL Coordinator, facilitate field-level learning events to capture, document and disseminate lessons learned for internal and external purposes.
- Under the guidance of the MEAL Coordinator, conduct internal project audits with an eye to ensuring means of verification are documented and reflect data reported by the implementing teams.
- Identify and conduct MEAL-related capacity building needs and opportunities for DRC’s program staff in the Bule Hora field office and assume responsibility for facilitating trainings on Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS), and beneficiary feedback and response mechanisms.
- In collaboration with the country-level Accountability Officer, assume responsibility for the implementation of and compliance with DRC Ethiopia and Djibouti’s Beneficiary Feedback and Response Mechanism, and all associated tools and SOPs, in the Bule Hora field office.
- Coordinate with regional technical lines bureaus for reporting purposes and during project monitoring exercises and terminal evaluations.
- Provide support in preparing and reviewing reports and verifying consistency between collected data, means of verification, the PMT and donor reports.
- A minimum of 3 years of MEAL experience within the humanitarian or NGO field.
- Demonstrated experience translating log frames and results frameworks into monitoring plans, developing data collection tools and protocols, leading data collection and management process, designing and managing databases, and analyzing data.
- Proven technical skills in monitoring and evaluation and experience with both qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Excellent analytical, presentation, and report writing skills.
- Experience using software applications such as Excel, Access, or statistics software such as SPSS, STATA.
- Previous experience with electronic or mobile data collection
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Excellent skills in the use of computers (MS Word, Excel, outlook Power Point).
- University degree in statistics, economics, social sciences or related discipline Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- English (fluent)
- Amharic (fluent)
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process. Visit drc.ngo to read more about what we do to secure robust safeguarding mechanisms.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
This position is located in Transport Section, United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL), Naqoura. The incumbent will report to the Chief Transport Officer or his/her designate.
This position is located in UN Environment, Africa Office the Nairobi duty station. The incumbent will report to the Finance and Budget Officer
This position is located in the the Security and Safety Section, Santiago, Chile. The Security Lieutenant reports to the Inspector of Official In Charge Security Coordination Unit.