DRC Job Opening
Economic Recovery Coordinator - Readvertisement
Erbil - Iraq
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
This position is based in Erbil
About the job
The overall purpose of the Economic Recovery Coordinator role is to ensure a streamlined, fit-for-context economic recovery program in Iraq, across various field bases and humanitarian contexts. The role will develop an Economic Recovery strategy, including a core set of activities, for the country and the technical tools and standards to support implementation, in close coordination with area and field offices. It will also provide technical guidance and support on a day to day basis to programmes across DRC Iraq; through this, it will ensure harmonization and national consistency. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Develop program strategy and priorities based on thorough understanding of needs and context
- Ensure that programme strategy, and design is integrated with other DRC sectors
- Lead development, harmonization, and roll out of SOPs, tools and guidelines
- Provide regular technical support and guidance to Project Managers and other relevant staff in both a structured manner and on a case by case basis.
- Assure compliance with DRC standards and procedures and alignment with global strategy, through regular coordination with colleagues in support services at Area Office and Country Office level.
- Coordinate with sector colleagues at RO and HQ levels as appropriate about relevant issues
- Complete regular field visits to ensure technical oversight and support, identify needs, and ensure quality programming
- Development of harmonized job descriptions and structures in all area offices
- Participate in the recruitment of technical staff in the same field
- Identify technical gaps and support capacity building for technical line reports
- Contribute to setting performance objectives and performance appraisals of technical staff in the same field
- When necessary, and with approval of his/her line manager, provide stop-gap support in absence of PMs, in close coordination with team focal points (identified by the PM before his/her absence)
- Lead design, finalisation and oversight and coordination of proposals and projects, in coordination with Area Managers and PMs
- Lead on developing assessments, including inter-sectoral assessments to inform evidence based planning
- Map donor priorities within given sector and identify new opportunities
- Provide technical review of all proposals and reports and other relevant sector-specific donor communications
- Lead as a grants focal point for multi sector, multi location grants as appointed by HoP
- Lead on program review meetings where he/she is the focal point and contribute to other program review meetings as necessary (Grant Opening, Review, & Close Out Meetings)
- Oversight of overall program implementation, including budgets and indicators
- Oversight and monitoring of overall sector budget, including budget development, in coordination with PMs and Area Managers, monitoring for timely sector-level spend, and initiate corrective action, including internal and donor budget realignments.
- Oversight of overall program implementation progress; identification, resolution and/or escalation of issues;
- Work with M&E to develop harmonized tools and databases to monitor and track efficiency and quality of programming and improve information management within the sector focal points
- Work closely with M&E in design, implementation, and evaluation of sector-level programming
- Coordinate with M&E to ensure accountability mechanisms are established for programming
- Lead participation at Clusters, including direct participation at the national level and coordination of representation at the sub-national level. Also participate in working groups/strategic advisory groups, to represent DRC and its mandate
- Act as the main sector-level point of contact with donors; support donor visits to the field
- Provide technical input and support strategic direction of the sector-level response within the humanitarian community
- Report issues and challenges to the donor in a timely manner, in coordination with the HOP
- Liaise with sub national and national government authorities and relevant stakeholders
- Raise any issues of non-compliance and assure compliance with DRC standards and procedures
- Coordinate with Comms/Advocacy for success story content, communication tools, etc.
- Provide regular updates to HoP and SMT
- Any other duties as agreed with HoP
To be successful in this role we expect you to have a Strong Economic Recovery experience including experience in representation with clusters and other protection actors. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Strong Cash experience
- Experience in rapidly changing humanitarian contexts
- Experience with representation and communication
- Experience with capacity building, including in settings with remote technical management
- Strong technical experience in development and roll out of SOPs
- Substantial experience in both a technical advisory role and program management and implementation
- Strong proposal development and report development skills
- Masters in Social Sciences or other relevant field.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating:You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead:You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating:You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity:You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: 12 Months
Employment Band:Non Management F
Designation of Duty Station: Non-Family Duty Station
Start date: ASAP
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates. please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Allapplicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 09 January 2019
Before applying, please ensure you have a valid passport.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visitdrc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
Due to the Urgency to fill this position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and DRC reserves the right to conduct the interviews before the deadline.
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process. Visit drc.ngo to read more about what we do to secure robust safeguarding mechanisms.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
International Rescue Committee (IRC)
22 Job Openings in Lebanon
As of 27 September 2020
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Job Opening in Pakistan, Chief of Party (National position)