SR. DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT – NORTHEAST
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in 100 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from disaster response to food and nutrition to education and work for women and girls to healthy mothers and children. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because when they have equal access to resources, they lift their families and communities out of poverty. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for 75 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and Fight with CARE.
Work Location : US – New York, NY Type of Post : Not Applicable
Other Possible Location : New England Funding : APPROVED
Expected Travel : up to 50% Type of Contract :
Language Requirement : ENGLISH Application Deadline :
Employee Duration : Active Full-Time
CARE seeks an experienced and enthusiastic planned giving professional to join the National team with responsibility for donors in the Northeast. This position requires someone with significant gift planning experience and true love for working with mature donors to identify the best gift type for both the donor and for CARE. This position also serves as a subject matter expert for a team of major gift officers in Boston and New York. It is an exciting time in CARE’s history and this is a unique opportunity for the right person.
Planned giving portfolio management
- Understanding of planned giving techniques
- Excellent listener and communicator
- Proven ability to close planned gifts in a timely manner.
- Ability to build trust and respect of major gift officers in order to serve as their mentor.
- Complete 10 face to face visits per month
- Ability to travel 50% of time (Ideal candidate will be based in NYC, Boston or DC)
Major gift team collaboration
- Ability to work collaboratively with major gift professionals, motivating and educating them to incorporate blended gift asks
- Ability to accompany colleagues on donor calls.
- Ability to provide planned gift illustrations and gift agreements in a timely fashion. (Crescendo experience preferred)
Planned gift administration
- Excellent prospect management skills
- Experience with CRM databases, Salesforce/NGO Connect preferred
- Experience with Crescendo gift planning software.
Build network of professional advisors
This position will work closely with donors’ and community professional advisors to build a network for CARE. All new contacts will be entered into the Professional Advisor Network database.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s preferred 5-10 years of Development experience
- 5 years of experience specifically involving Planned Giving
- 5 years working in planned giving
- Advanced written and verbal communications
- Planned giving coursework preferred
- Sound computer and technical skills (Office 365, Crescendo Interactive and Salesforce CRM)
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.