TECHNICAL ADVISOR – DIGITAL VSLA
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in 100 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from disaster response to food and nutrition to education and work for women and girls to healthy mothers and children. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because when they have equal access to resources, they lift their families and communities out of poverty. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for 75 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and Fight with CARE.
Work Location : US – Atlanta, GA Type of Post : Not Applicable
Other Possible Location : Funding : APPROVED
Expected Travel : up to 30% Type of Contract :
Language Requirement : ENGLISH Application Deadline :
Employee Duration : Active Full-Time
CARE is a leading humanitarian and development organization dedicated to fighting poverty and social injustice with a special emphasis on rights programming, gender equality, and women and girls. CARE works in a variety of contexts from protracted crises to stable development settings and implements the Village Savings and Loan Association (VSLA) model in 51 countries. The Digital VSLA Technical Advisor (STA) will join a dynamic and high-performing team that leads CARE’s efforts to scale the VSLA model to reach 50 million women and girls by 2030. The team is composed of specialists who provide holistic support to CARE initiatives working with VSLAs worldwide.
As a new role, the Digital VSLA Technical Advisor will have an unparalleled opportunity to help shape CARE’s work, including working across programmatic areas including food, health and economic justice for women and girls. The Digital VSLA TA will play a critical role in driving the digital transformation required to scale VSLA and adapt to an ever-evolving digital landscape. An expert in their own right with direct practical experience to bring to bear, the Digital VSLA TA will engage colleagues across the world, to co-define where technology can help to deepen the impacts of VSLAs and improve the training models CARE and others use to support group formation and development. Over time, this role will help to develop, test and scale a set of solutions that can support CARE’s efforts globally.
- Provide direct program support
- Develop and deliver on a plan that increases the integration of technology in VSLA programming
- Support partnership cultivation and new business development
- Relevant master’s degree or equivalent through work experience
- Excellent written and spoken English
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience building, adapting and/or scaling digital solutions for women at the base of the pyramid
- Track record of managing vendors, developers and other tech and media partnerships to deliver high-quality results on time and budget
- Ability to “translate” and bridge the divide between technologists and community development specialists
- Deep awareness of technologies and providers suited to and/or targeting rural low-income markets, particularly in sub-Saharan Africa and particularly digital training and awareness building solutions
- Past success developing and scaling solutions within a large, decentralized organization
- Strong internal motivation, self-starter and ability to work amid ambiguity
- Fluent in the language and skills of human-centered design
- Fantastic inter-personal and cross-cultural communication skills
- Commitment to gender equality, women’s empowerment and social justice
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at email@example.com.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.