CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in 100 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from disaster response to food and nutrition to education and work for women and girls to healthy mothers and children. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because when they have equal access to resources, they lift their families and communities out of poverty. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for 75 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and Fight with CARE.
Work Location : US – Atlanta, GA Type of Post : Not Applicable
Other Possible Location : Funding : APPROVED
Expected Travel : up to 10% Type of Contract :
Language Requirement : ENGLISH Application Deadline :
Employee Duration : Active Full-Time
We are bringing Design to the front line of global humanitarian and development challenges creating work that solves problems in novel, feasible and desirable ways. As a Solution Architect, you will collaborate with various Humanitarian leaders, Programs and project teams, and cross-functional Technical teams in various Country offices across the world, and technology vendors to understand the global needs for humanitarian systems, Tools and Technologies. You will be part of the Digital team to evaluate, choose and develop and promote Information Technology platforms and application systems. In this role, you will apply strong technical background, business contexts, perspectives and analytical skills to enable CARE to transform technically into new Architectures and platforms digitally.
Analyzing the Technology environment to plan, design and implement solutions
- Take charge and lead the Solution Architecture practice, introducing the overall technical vision for solutions
- Help in creating visibility of existing IT Solutions –
- Understand the organization’s technology Architecture/Landscape
- Understand business areas, business capability model
- Understanding of technologies, mapped to the technology capability model
- Understand business, operational, and integration requirements to plan and implement scalable architecture solutions within the global NGO space
- Understand requirements to plan and implement business and technical capability models leading to Current state, Transition state and Future state architecture definitions including roadmaps for implementation.
- Translate user needs into easy-to-use application systems with emphasis on UX (user experience)
- Provide consultation and technical expertise by assessing technology needs and implications.
- Envisioning, leading, and guiding the development of overall solution architecture inline with IT transformation
- Collaborates with the Lead Enterprise Architect and other Digital leaders relating to Data, Applications, Infrastructure, and Security to implement Digital Strategy in implementing feasible, flexible, scalable and easy to manage IT solutions.
- Participate and Lead in the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) processes helping teams analyze, design and implement scalable solutions using Agile and DevOps methodologies. Help Plan, Design and document Solution Architecture
EA – Technology Assessments and Reference Architecture Implementation
- • Help Business, stakeholders, and other IT teams evaluate third-party products, architecture fitness etc.
- • Help Lead Architect in the evaluation of Platforms On-premise, in the Cloud and build vs buy decisions
- • Help in the assessment, customization and integration of third-party products to support build platforms supporting the Digital Strategy for Transformation.
- • Help in executing the pilot implementation of proposed reference architectures relating to specific use-cases (e.g. Emergency Communications Mgmt. etc.)
- • Collaborate with Users and help in the recommendation of UX Design Principles and Architecture
- • Participate and help in assessment of new and emerging Technologies in the market – IoT, RPA, AI, VR/AR, Block-Chain, ML, DL etc.
Architecture Governance and Process Improvement
- • Identify ways to reduce costs in IT and business domains by recommending and promoting Process improvements
- • Conduct Build vs buy analysis
- • Help in the planning, implementation and promotion of Enterprise Architecture Governance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, other technical degree or equivalent experience
- Educational background in technology and business skills such as communication and managerial skills, with the main focus on delivering creative technical computer systems
- Have spent 4-6 years in the software development world and have therefore learned and utilized tools designed to help build effective and productive solutions
- 4-6 years development experience in Open systems and Cloud platforms J2EE, Node.Js, React JS, Python, R etc.
- 2-3 years experience using AWS Cloud or Microsoft Azure environments
- 4-6 years experience in SQL, NoSQL and Big Data Databases including Oracle, Sybase, DB2, Mongo DB, Cassandra, HDFS etc.
- 4-6 in Service Oriented Architecture
- 2-3 years experience in Micro-services and Event driven Architecture with exposure to real-time/streaming data processing and storage IoT, RPA, Block-chain etc.
- Familiar with Open Enterprise Architecture Standards, Guidelines, Best Practices, Recommendations
- Used and created Current State and Target State Architecture, Roadmaps
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.