MASTERCARD IGNITE PROJECT INTERN
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in 100 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from disaster response to food and nutrition to education and work for women and girls to healthy mothers and children. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because when they have equal access to resources, they lift their families and communities out of poverty. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for 75 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and Fight with CARE.
Work Location : US – Atlanta, GA Type of Post : Not Applicable
Other Possible Location : Funding : APPROVED
Expected Travel : Not Applicable Type of Contract :
Language Requirement : ENGLISH Application Deadline :
Employee Duration : Intern-No Pay
The Mastercard Ignite Program: The intern will provide a variety of support related to a three-year 5.2 million dollar Mastercard funded program reaching 3.9 million ‘growth-oriented entrepreneurs’, especially female entrepreneurs, across three countries (Pakistan, Vietnam, Peru). The program will focus on three main results in each country i) working with financial service providers to adapt products for entrepreneurs, especially women ii)working with partners to deliver training and mentoring and iii) designing an entrepreneur outreach campaign.
- Access to Finance/ Access to Training: Global Review of What Works, What doesn’t for female entrepreneurs
- Country Contexts: Research on landscape information, compilation of market research that comes in
- Assessment of country capacities to explore New Business Opportunities
- Funder Stakeholder Map/ New Business Map
- Feedback/ Assessment forms for countries to complete
- English verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft office proficient: Word, Excel, Access, Sharepoint, Powerpoint
- Comfort with new project management tools desired
- Survey building skills (google survey, survey monkey, facebook polls, etc.) desired
- Design skills or collaborative mapping softward (bonus) desired
- Basic project management skills desired
- Interpersonal communication skills desired
- Basic research and presentation skills desired
Suggested duration (weeks or months) of the internship:
Suggested start date: Aug 15
Suggested end date: December 18
Suggested hours per week: 20-25
This internship is for academic credit and not for pay.
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.