CYBER SECURITY ENGINEER
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in 100 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from disaster response to food and nutrition to education and work for women and girls to healthy mothers and children. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because when they have equal access to resources, they lift their families and communities out of poverty. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for 75 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and Fight with CARE.
Work Location : US – Atlanta, GA Type of Post : Not Applicable
Other Possible Location : Funding : APPROVED
Expected Travel : up to 10% Type of Contract :
Language Requirement : ENGLISH Application Deadline :
Employee Duration : Active Full-Time
A career at CARE is truly a one of a kind experience. Its more than a working for a global leader, it’s an opportunity to be part of something that can help bring about lasting change in the world. CARE’s digital team is looking for a dedicated, smart, hungry and meticulous Cybersecurity Engineer to join our growing team. In this role, you will operate independently and as part of a team to ensure our software, hardware, and related components are protected from cyber attacks. Selected candidate will be responsible for developing security systems, analyzing current systems for vulnerabilities, and handling any and all cyber attacks in an efficient and effective manner. Candidate should have strong IT skills and deep understanding of cyber hacker methodology.
Monitor network security
- Maintain Data and monitor security access.
- Analyze security breaches to determine their root cause.
- Protect digital files and information systems against unauthorized access, modification or destruction.
- Review submitted email to determine validity.
- Secure users that have been determined as compromised.
Configuration of monitoring tools
- Using log analytics, cloud app security, Azure sentinel, and other security related detection tools to hunt for possible holes within CARE’s network defenses.
Vulnerability life cycle management
- Ensure all Network, Server, PC and software systems are up to date on security vulnerability patches. Coordinate with business owners and departments to ensure all products are functioning properly to minimize down time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent education or work experience
- 3+ years of prior relevant experience in cyber security
- System administration skills (Windows PC/ Server 2012 and up)
- Network security skills
- Problem solving skills
- Information security policies
- On-call network troubleshooting
- Firewall administration
- Network protocols
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.