CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in 100 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from disaster response to food and nutrition to education and work for women and girls to healthy mothers and children. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because when they have equal access to resources, they lift their families and communities out of poverty. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for 75 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and Fight with CARE.
Work Location : Yemen – Aden Type of Post : Unaccompanied
Other Possible Location : Funding : APPROVED
Expected Travel : up to 50% Type of Contract :
Language Requirement : ENGLISH Application Deadline :
Employee Duration : Active Full-Time
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Specialist is responsible for providing technical leadership to overall MEAL activities of the Emergency Food Assistance for Yemen (EAFY), a USAID/FFP supported program.
The MEAL Specialist will be responsible for developing and delivering EAFY MEAL plan, strengthening and harmonizing monitoring approaches, developing common tools and databases. They will contribute to quality programming through supporting access to and use of relevant and timely information on program scale, relevance, and effectiveness. Within this context, the MEAL Specialist will provide technical support to MEAL Officers at the field level and other relevant program staffs by identifying and supporting the implementation of effective, cost efficient and meaningful MEAL system. They will also be responsible for developing and delivering key information products, data base management and assume overall responsibility for consolidating MEAL reports.
Reporting to the FFP Program Coordinator, the MEAL Specialist will also closely work with the Program Quality Unit to ensure MEAL standards are ensured and integrated. The MEAL specialist we are seeking will have USAID/FFP food and nutrition MEAL experience in conflict settings and have strong research and data analysis skills.
- MEAL technical leadership
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Research and data analysis
- Coordinating and reporting
- Accountability and learning
- Remote management
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- At least a Master’s Degree in Development studies, Agriculture, Social sciences or related field of study
- Training in humanitarian principles and standards including accountability initiatives
- Thorough knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs
- 5 to 7 years’ relevant work experience within international development, with NGOs, UN agencies or similar organizations in emergency or post conflict
- Excellent analysis and writing skills; concept notes and program design documents (including log frames)
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods
- Excellent written and spoken English; fluency in Arabic an advantage
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.