BRAC’s vision is a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. The organisation was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 and acts as a catalyst, creating opportunities for people to transform their lives. BRAC believes in integrity, inclusiveness, effectiveness, and innovation in all areas of work. BRAC uses an integrated model to change systems of inequity, through social development programmes, humanitarian response, social enterprises, socially responsible investments and a university. It operates in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings in 11 countries across Asia and Africa.
BRAC is a global leader in developing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes, and has been ranked the #1 NGO in the world for the last five years consecutively by NGO Advisor.
Senior Programme Manager, Programme Development, Implementation & Reporting, CCP
- Prepare concept note and project proposal on programme need basis in climate change related grant making
- Develop programme capacity development plan and guide to prepare training module for the head office and field level staff
- Mainstreaming Climate Change Adaptation (CCA) in BRAC for establishing BRAC as a major climate change adaptation actor in the national and international network
- Prepare yearly work plan, policy and strategic documents on need basis
- Coordinate climate change mainstreaming drive in the organisation according to the directives of related policy and strategy documents, and guide the M&E teams (both programme M&E team and the central M&E team) to monitor activities from a climate change lens
- Provide clarity on the climate data and indicators in terms of its source, analysis, regular update and defining certain criteria in relation to organisational climate outcome and output indicators, in collaboration with PRL and other relevant BRAC programmes
- Coordinate the development of programme and projects on climate change adaptation and mitigation (AdMit)
- Oversee implementation of the AdMit projects/ interventions which will involve onsite supervision through field visits
- Drive capacity building of team members, relevant BRAC programmes and community on CCA
- Prepare all GCF related documents/ papers on programme and organisational need basis
- Research and identify media stories, writes and edits media releases, and feature stories within tight timeframes which consistently meet agreed BRAC standards
- Communicate with different clusters, forums, donor and partners organisations to improve coordination, capacity and liaison
- Supportive supervision of programme staff for their intellectual growth
- Represent BRAC in national and international forums
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place and also encourage others to do so.
Masters in Social Science/ Environmental and Climate Science/ Engineering/ Disaster Management/ Agriculture/ Development Studies or any relevant discipline from any recognised university/ institution with minimum 2nd division/ class or equivalent GPA/ CGPA in all academic examinations
Minimum 08 years of work experience in diverse project management including 4 years’ experience in CCA and DRR field
- Sound knowledge of environment, climate change, disaster management, DRR and CCA, policy analysis
- Able to work in collaboration with partners/ stakeholders e.g. UN, INGO/ NGO, Government, etc.
- Understanding of donor coordination, proposal and report writing
- Have effective programme and people management skills with strong competencies in teamwork and partnership
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- High level of managerial experience including financial management and budgeting
- Excellent speaking and writing skill both in Bangla and English
Salary & Benefits
Other Benefits: Festival Bonus, Contributory Compulsory Provident Fund, Gratuity, Health & Life Insurance and others
Job Location: BRAC Head Office
Last Apply Date: 16/Oct/2020
BRAC believes every one of its employees, suppliers, downstream partners, visitors, clients and community including children, youth and vulnerable adults that come into contact regardless of age, race, religion, gender, disability or ethnic origin has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation. We guarantee assessment of candidates with disabilities who meet the essential requirements. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will do everything possible to ensure that those who are suitable to work within our values and beliefs are recruited to work for us. Any personal persuasion will result in disqualification of candidature.
Join the world’s biggest family
Or You may also apply through bdjobs.com or send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by mentioning the name of the position “Senior Programme Manager, Programme Development, Donor Liaison & Reporting and Capacity Development; Climate Change Programme” in the subject line.