BRAC’s vision is a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. The organisation was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 and acts as a catalyst, creating opportunities for people to transform their lives. BRAC believes in integrity, inclusiveness, effectiveness, and innovation in all areas of work. BRAC uses an integrated model to change systems of inequity, through social development programmes, humanitarian response, social enterprises, socially responsible investments and a university. It operates in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings in 11 countries across Asia and Africa.
BRAC is a global leader in developing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes, and has been ranked the #1 NGO in the world for the last five years consecutively by NGO Advisor.
Senior Manager, Investment and Continuous Audit, Internal Audit Department
- Assist Head of Internal Audit (HIA) in development and implementation of risk based internal audit strategy at Investment, Finance and Procurement Department and annual plan for BRAC.
- Assist HIA in objectively assessing the adequacy of governance systems of Investment, Finance and Procurement Department and management of existing risks, comment on responses to emerging risks and propose new developments.
- Provide leadership to the supervisee and manage their performance and development in line with the organisation’s goals, objectives, policies and regulations.
- Plan and ensure detailed succession planning from grooming future leader.
- Assist in preparation of Annual Internal Audit Plan (AIAP) for Investment, Finance and Procurement Department and Implementation of AIAP through proper Scheduling, Staff Planning & Supervision through field visits.
- Assess internal control system in operation, analyzing existing controls of Investment, Finance and Procurement Department and recommending controls in specific systems, to provide assurance of operational and technical efficiency Investment, Finance and Procurement Department.
- Direct the team and review and finalise the reports of assigned works and any special assignment which is requested by senior management/ programme management.
- Ensure a good behavioral practice exist in supervisors and auditors both within the environment of IAD.
- Ensure respective team is highly complied with code of ethics of IAD, IIA and IFAC by initiating appropriate response to the issue raised by external stakeholders.
- Communicate with Investment, Finance and Procurement Department management to provide their responses on reports within deadline.
- Communicate with Head Office different level programme management on observation related any issues and Divisional Offices.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
M.Com./ MBA preferably in Business Administration or any other relevant disciplines with minimum 2nd class in all examinations. Chartered Accountant from reputed Chartered Accountancy Firm/ Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)/ ACCA Member.
At least 6 years of working experience in Internal Audit, External Audit, Accounting, IT, Tax related services and Compliance Services.
- Annual inventory and physical verification of fixed assets, cash.
- Conduction of Special/ Investigative Audit on Investment, Finance and Accounts when required.
Salary & Benefits
Other Benefits: Festival Bonus, Contributory Compulsory Provident Fund, Gratuity, Health and life Insurance and others as per organisation policy
Job Location: BRAC Head Office
Last Apply Date: 21/Oct/2020
BRAC believes every one of its employees, suppliers, downstream partners, visitors, clients and community including children, youth and vulnerable adults that come into contact regardless of age, race, religion, gender, disability or ethnic origin has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation. We guarantee assessment of candidates with disabilities who meet the essential requirements. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will do everything possible to ensure that those who are suitable to work within our values and beliefs are recruited to work for us. Any personal persuasion will result in disqualification of candidature.
Join the world’s biggest family
Or You may apply through bdjobs.com or send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the name of the position in subject line