BRAC’s vision is a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. The organisation was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 and acts as a catalyst, creating opportunities for people to transform their lives. BRAC believes in integrity, inclusiveness, effectiveness, and innovation in all areas of work. BRAC uses an integrated model to change systems of inequity, through social development programmes, humanitarian response, social enterprises, socially responsible investments and a university. It operates in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings in 11 countries across Asia and Africa.
BRAC is a global leader in developing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes, and has been ranked the #1 NGO in the world for the last five years consecutively by NGO Advisor.
Programme Manager, Programme Design, Technical Assistance, Quality, KM and Reporting (Contractual);
- Work closely with Humanitarian Crisis Management Programme’s (HCMP) senior management in strategy formulation & guidance in relation to sector/ programme design & development.
- Support in the development and design of new protection sector strategy of HCMP and ensure quality standards of project delivery on time.
- Provide technical support to community based protection, legal protection, protection monitoring as well as GBV in emergency team as and when required.
- Work closely with the protection sector, Programme Design, Development and Review (PDDR) and grants team to ensure preparation of concept notes and project proposal etc.
- Facilitate and guide the sector M&E team to design, develop, and modify monitoring and evaluation tools & techniques as required.
- Facilitate compliance-related issues of the respective sector and work closely with programme support functions e.g. PDDR, grants, internal audit, M&E, communications etc. to ensure effective preparation of facing any external/ donor auditor if and when necessary.
- Facilitate and assist PDDR team to accelerate and analyse the performance of projects, find out the gaps and solutions accordingly with a standard performance tracking.
- Find out the quality gaps through close monitoring & auditing and ensure technical supervision to ensure the quality of the projects’ activities of the respective sector.
- Coordinate programme development and MEAL activities of all projects of the sector and maintain a cordial relationship with the internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate with PRL and PDDR team for tracking new and pipeline proposals
- Keep track of all proposals, donor and other reporting. Also, provide inputs to finalise reports and timely submissions.
- Track action plans in PDDR, grants to minimise gaps and overlaps, ensure consistency, and provide feedback to sector lead and HCMP senior management for timely action and follow-up.
- Develop training programme for staff including materials development and course facilitation.
- Lead the process for report writing.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
Masters in Development Studies/ International Relations/ Sociology/ Public Administration/ Management/ Management Information System/ Economics or any other relevant subject from any recognised public or private university/ institution with minimum 2nd division/ class or equivalent GPA/ CGPA in all academic examinations
Minimum 10 years of experiences in programme development, programme management, proposal development and MEAL is required. Candidates having experience in the humanitarian field will get preference
- Excellent knowledge of humanitarian programmes, and an understanding of relevant issues.
- Proven understanding and hands-on experience in managing large and complex donor-funded projects.
- Strong track record on research design and methodology, programme development, programme evaluation, proposal development, capacity building and reporting
- Able to work in collaboration with partners/ stakeholders e.g. UN, INGO/ NGO, Government, etc.
- Ability to operate in a complex organisation, across functions and work on own initiative and collaboratively as part of diverse teams
- Ability to manage a varied workload, work under pressure, priorities and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the organization
- Focused on delivering results by taking calculated-risks and problem solving approach;
- Gender equality and diversity awareness
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Have effective people management skills with strong competencies in teamwork and partnership
- High level of managerial experience including managing multi-million dollar budgets
- Expertise in complex decision making, leading a multi-disciplinary and multi-national team under difficult circumstances
Salary & Benefits
Other Benefits: As per the organisation policy
Job Location: Cox’s Bazar
Last Apply Date: 16/Oct/2020
BRAC believes every one of its employees, suppliers, downstream partners, visitors, clients and community including children, youth and vulnerable adults that come into contact regardless of age, race, religion, gender, disability or ethnic origin has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation. We guarantee assessment of candidates with disabilities who meet the essential requirements. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will do everything possible to ensure that those who are suitable to work within our values and beliefs are recruited to work for us. Any personal persuasion will result in disqualification of candidature.
Join the world’s biggest family
Or You may also apply through bdjobs.com or send your updated CV to email@example.com by mentioning the name of the position “Programme Manager, Programme Design, Technical Assistance, Quality, Knowledge Management and Reporting (Contractual)” in the subject line.