BRAC’s vision is a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. The organisation was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 and acts as a catalyst, creating opportunities for people to transform their lives. BRAC believes in integrity, inclusiveness, effectiveness, and innovation in all areas of work. BRAC uses an integrated model to change systems of inequity, through social development programmes, humanitarian response, social enterprises, socially responsible investments and a university. It operates in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings in 11 countries across Asia and Africa.
BRAC is a global leader in developing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes, and has been ranked the #1 NGO in the world for the last five years consecutively by NGO Advisor.
Programme Manager, M&E (Contractual); Humanitarian Crisis Management Programme
- Develop a comprehensive programme strategy, framework and plan for Humanitarian Crisis Management Programme (HCMP).
- Ensure active collaboration with programme/ technical managers to develop M&E tools and integrate M&E across all programme components.
- Identify and develop the tools needed to measure programme impact on vulnerable populations, especially women and youth.
- Monitor quality of data collection and provide technical guidance for the successful implementation of M&E plan through training staff and providing on-site support. Monitor planned and actual outputs in accordance to project targets.
- Set direction by prioritising and organising actions and resources to achieve objectives.
- Oversee the development of bi-annual, annual strategic work-plans for the programme M&E components.
- Ensure effective use of ICT4D in data management systems (using CommCare, KoboCollect, Google Drive, Excel, QGIS, and other tools as appropriate) to promote data-driven decision-making.
- Provide inputs in programmatic issues and donor reports.
- Contribute to programme design of HCMP and provide guidance to sectors on programmatic issues, programme planning, technical implementation etc.
- Define programme indicators and develop data relevant resources and tools (including M&E plan, technical data collection tools, databases, dashboards and reporting templates), that align with the humanitarian M&E standards, donor requirement and overall BRAC goals.
- Develop guidance materials that clearly indicate which staffs are responsible for which M&E products, orienting programme staff to their M&E roles and responsibilities as necessary.
- Organise quarterly M&E technical meetings to ensure regular programme planning across stakeholders, review progress, and document lessons/ address challenges encountered.
- Ensure alignment between programme M&E activities and programme objectives, contribute to work plan development and setting annual/ quarterly targets.
- Consolidate quarterly reports for M&E data and contribute to programme quarterly/ annual reporting.
- Coordinate the implementation of M&E activities across program life cycle (baseline, mid-term/ final evaluation, assessments and operational research) and phases and ensure minimum standards are adhered to.
- Work in close collaboration with programme leadership to implement studies or operational research, supervising data collection and analysis and presenting results.
- Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback via regular performance review.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
Masters in Development Studies/ International Relations/ Sociology/ Public Administration/ Management/ Management Information System/ Economics or any other relevant subject from any recognised public or private university/ institution with minimum 2nd division/ class or equivalent GPA/ CGPA in all academic examinations
Minimum 10 years of experiences in M&E and programme development is required. Candidates having experience in the humanitarian field will get preference.
- Excellent knowledge of humanitarian programmes, and an understanding of relevant issues.
- Proven understanding and hands-on experience in managing large and complex donor-funded projects.
- Strong track record on research design and methodology, programme development, programme evaluation, capacity building and reporting.
- Able to work in collaboration with partners/ stakeholders e.g. UN, INGO/ NGO, Government, etc.
- Ability to operate in a complex organisation, across functions and work on own initiative and collaboratively as part of diverse teams.
- Ability to manage a varied workload, work under pressure, priorities and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the organization.
- Focused on delivering results by taking calculated-risks and problem solving approach;
- Gender equality and diversity awareness.
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- Have effective people management skills with strong competencies in teamwork and partnership.
- High level of managerial experience including managing multi-million dollar budgets.
- Expertise in complex decision making, leading a multi-disciplinary and multi-national team under difficult circumstances.
Salary & Benefits
Other Benefits: As per the organisation policy
Job Location: Cox’s Bazar
Last Apply Date: 16/Oct/2020
BRAC believes every one of its employees, suppliers, downstream partners, visitors, clients and community including children, youth and vulnerable adults that come into contact regardless of age, race, religion, gender, disability or ethnic origin has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation. We guarantee assessment of candidates with disabilities who meet the essential requirements. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will do everything possible to ensure that those who are suitable to work within our values and beliefs are recruited to work for us. Any personal persuasion will result in disqualification of candidature.
Join the world’s biggest family
Or You may also apply through bdjobs.com or send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by mentioning the name of the position “Programme Manager, M&E (Contractual)” in the subject line.